Christmas is a magical time of year! It doesn’t get any more magical than being at Disney World during the Christmas season.
One longstanding tradition at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland is gingerbread displays. These displays are planned for months and created right in front of Disney guests!
2023 Gingerbread House Displays In Walt Disney World
This year Gingerbread Displays at Disney World will once again be happening. This year you can find displays at the following Walt Disney World resorts and EPCOT:
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and spa – This life size gingerbread house display has been a tradition for over 20 years!
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort – gingerbread carousel which is in its 22nd year!
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort – New lighthouse display in 2023
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn – miniature BoardWalk gingerbread display
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – life size baby gingerbread giraffe and zebra
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – 100th celebration themed Castle gingerbread display
- American Adventure in EPCOT – classic monuments in America and Epcot
Grand Floridian Gingerbread Display 2023
Disney’s Grand Floridian will once again have a life sized gingerbread house! You can view this incredible display from November 8 until January 1, 2024. This is the 24th year of this jaw-dropping event!
Here are some incredible facts about the Grand Floridian Gingerbread house:
- 500 hours are spent baking 10,000 pieces of gingerbread
- 480 hours are spent decorating the house
- 24 hidden Mickey’s are in the display
- An 85 pound chocolate Santa is there
- Santa, nutcrackers, toy soldiers, and snowmen are all hand-painted by the Grand Floridian Bakery team
The Grand Floridian has a variety of treats that you can purchase! The options include:
- Freshly baked, homemade items. You will find Gingerbread Mickeys and Shingles, Stollen Bread, Brownie Christmas Tree, and Gingersnap Cookies
- House-made Gingerbread Ornaments and Gingerbread Houses
- Assorted Gingerbread Cookie Bags, Marshmallow Pops, and Milk Chocolate Pecan Fudge
- Grand Floridian Combo Box featuring assorted fan favorite treats, including the cookies n’ cream Christmas Tree
- Plant-based, no sugar added, and gluten-friendly options
Disney’s Beach Club Resort Gingerbread Display 2023
Head over to the Beach club to see a life size gingerbread carousel display. This creation has been at the resort for 22 years and it actually moves!
This year the carousel is themed after Ducktales (we loved that show as kids!). The horses are decorated with inspiration coming from Donald Duck and his nephews – Huey, Duey, and Louie. Check out these fun facts about the 2023 gingerbread carousel:
- 22 Hidden Mickeys celebrate the 22nd year of the carousel
- 434 pounds of honey were used
- 25 pounds of spices went into the display
- 200 pounds of icing are on the carousel
You will find the following items available for purchase:
- Signature Stollen Bread
- Lighthouse Fudge
- Mickey Snowman Pop
- Crispy Rice Treat
- Peppermint Bark
- Gingerbread Shingle
- Hot Chocolate Flight
- Hot Chocolate
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort Gingerbread Display 2023
We are really excited about this new gingerbread display! Here is some information straight from Disney:
“This brand-new creation was created by Pastry Chef de Cuisine Michael Craig who used the actual blueprints from the real lighthouse located outside the resort along Crescent Lake. “
You will find treats available for purchase at the Yacht Club as well, including the new Lighthouse Fudge.
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn Gingerbread Display 2023
This beautiful gingerbread display features the Disney BoardWalk! You will be able to find this on display from November 17 through December 27. Treats for purchase include:
- Mickey and Minnie Sugar Cookies
- Mickey Caramel Corn Cookie
- Christmas Tree Pop
- Peppermint Bark
- Gingerbread Shingles
- Gluten/ Wheat-Friendly and Plant-based Gingerbread Shingles
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Gingerbread Display 2023
This Christmas display isn’t as iconic as the Grand Floridian gingerbread house, but it is probably the cutest display on the Disney World property! From November 22 to December 31 you can find a life size baby giraffe and baby zebra!
Ginger the giraffe and Debra the zebra are made out of gingerbread, sugar dough, and modeling chocolate. Ginger is 7 feet tall! While you are at the Animal Kingdom Lodge you can purchase treats such as the Gingeraffe Cookie and a hot cocoa flight.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Gingerbread Display 2023
Head on up to the fourth floor to see the 100th celebration castle gingerbread display! This is the 12th year that the Contemporary has a gingerbread creation. You can find the gingerbread castle from November 10 to January 6, 2024.
The gingerbread is over 17 feet tall and was made with:
- 612 pounds of sugar
- 1,012 pounds of flour
- 112 pounds of gingerbread spice
- 4,000 castle gingerbread bricks
- 12 sprinklings of magical pixie dust
Treats available for purchase include:
- Gingerbread Castle Brick
- Paint Your Own Cookie Box
- Hot Chocolate Caramel Fudge
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookie
- Pistachio Linzer Cookie
- 5-Legged Goat Cookie
- Gluten/Wheat Friendly Gingerbread Cookie
- Gingerbread Latte Cupcake
- Christmas Tree Butter Cookie
- Frozen Hot Chocolate (Also available with Peppermint Schnapps)
- Frozen Apple Cider (Also available with Fireball Cinnamon Whisky floater)
American Adventure in EPCOT
When you are in EPCOT be sure to stop at the American Adventure between November 24 and December 30th to view this impressive gingerbread display! You will find gingerbread versions of the Lincoln Memorial, Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, The American Adventure building with Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue, and a Festival Marketplace. There are also 6 hidden Mickeys you can try to find.