When you are at one of the Disney Theme Parks at Walt Disney World you will start to smell the amazing aroma of fresh popped popcorn. Sometime it’s real due to fresh popped popcorn.
Sometimes Disney is manufacturing it by simulating the smell and blowing it into the street as you are walking by to entice you to purchase some.
If you act on the temptation, you have a choice to make…will you purchase a cardboard container of popcorn for $5 or will you purchase a more expensive refillable souvenir bucket that has a Disney Character on it?
Refillable popcorn buckets start at $13 but you can get a refill for only $2.25!
We want to give you the “kernel” of truth when it comes to The Walt Disney popcorn buckets so you know all the facts!
How much are the popcorn buckets at Disney World?
Each bucket is priced differently but you can expect to pay in the range of $12 – $30 for your souvenir popcorn bucket in one of the Disney Parks. A standard bucket starts at $13 and souvenir popcorn buckets can go up over $30.
Popcorn buckets are expensive on the front end, however, take into consideration that if you buy a one time popcorn treat, it will cost you over $5. That being said, maybe all you want is one box of popcorn and you are good, then by all means, satisfy your craving and get to the next attraction!
How much is a popcorn refill at Disney?
After you purchase your Disney Popcorn Bucket, you can refill it for $2.25 at any of the participating refillable popcorn cart locations in any of the parks, including the water parks and Disney Springs. You can refill it as many times as you want for the $2.25 each refill.
How long is the Disney popcorn refill good for?
Your $2.25 refill is good for the length of stay you are visiting Disney World. Remember, it can be refilled in any park, so if you buy your bucket in Magic Kingdom and then the next day you go to Epcot, you can take it along and fill it there for as much as you want (paying only $2.25 for the popcorn refills).
After your trip is finished, the official statement from Disney is that your free refill will be finished too. However, most people say that Disney is honoring any refillable popcorn buckets bought at any time!
Is the Disney refillable popcorn just ordinary popcorn?
Yes, for the most part the popcorn is “ordinary” popcorn, but we must tell you, it really is delicious! It is vegan so good for guests on vegan diets, and the butter-flavor is 100% vegan as well. In addition to it’s wonderful taste, in some places you can purchase (also for the $2.25) more of the ordinary popcorn. For example, in Epcot, the Canada Pavilion has maple flavored popcorn.
Where To Get Popcorn Buckets At Disney World
Throughout each of the parks there are popcorn carts where the popcorn is sold along with the refillable buckets.
Magic Kingdom Popcorn Locations
- Adventureland Popcorn Cart
- Big Thunder Mountain Popcorn Cart
- Castle Plaza Popcorn Cart (located on the Tomorrowland side of the hub off the Castle)
- Fantasyland Storybook Circus Popcorn Cart
- Fantasyland Maurice’s Popcorn Cart
- Liberty Square Popcorn Cart
- Main Street Popcorn Cart (located by Guest Relations)
- Tomorrowland Popcorn Cart
- Westward Ho Refreshments (located in Frontierland)
Epcot Popcorn Locations
- Canada Pavilion
- Fife and Drum Tavern (located in the America Pavilion)
- Future World West Popcorn (located across from the Imagination Pavilion)
- Future World East Popcorn (located near Test Track)
- Future World Popcorn Cart (located near the pin trading station)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Popcorn Locations
- Animation Courtyard Popcorn Cart
- Hollywood Hills Amphitheater (located at the Fantastic! show location)
- Hot and Fresh Popcorn (located just past Starbucks)
- Hub Popcorn Cart (located near Hyperion Theater)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Popcorn Locations
- Corn-Ivore (located in Dinoland U.S.A.)
- Harambe Market
- Mahindi Snack cart (located in Harambe)
- Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks (located outside the entrance to Expedition Everest)
- The Feeding Ground (located in Discovery Island)
2024 Imagination Pavilion Figment Popcorn Bucket
One of the most popular popcorn buckets is the Figment themed one. These have been coming out every year and 2024 is no different! This year the Epcot International Festival of the Arts Figment themed popcorn bucket celebrates the Imagination Pavilion.
Instead of waiting in line, guests will be able to use Mobile Ordering in the My Disney Experience and then pick it up. Here’s how to place orders:
- On the day of your visit to EPCOT, open your My Disney Experience app.
- Tap the (+) icon and select “Order Food.”
- Choose an available mobile order arrival window for “EPCOT Souvenir Release”.
- During your arrival window, select “I’m Here, Prepare My Order”.
- When you receive a notification that your order is ready, go to the mobile order pickup window at the Odyssey building—between Test Track and the Mexico Pavilion—for your premium popcorn bucket
Most people think that popcorn buckets are a smart financial decision – especially if you have kids in your group! The refills are inexpensive and make a great snack for families.
We don’t recommend purchasing the more expensive collectable buckets unless you think you will use them at home.