The Best Disney Springs Restaurants – Most Popular, Disney Dining Plan Options, Descriptions
Most people get so caught up in the Disney World Parks and Hotels that they never find their way to a wonderful part of Disney called Disney Springs. Full of unique boutiques, Disney-themed and brand name shopping, entertainment of all kinds as well as wonderful restaurants, Disney Springs is truly a place you can easily spend an entire day at and love every minute of it. We are excited to share with you the best Disney Springs restaurants for different places to eat, drink and snack while you are in Disney Springs. Let’s get started!
How Disney Springs Came To Be
Disney Springs hasn’t always been called Disney Springs. Let’s do a quick dive into a bit of history in case you haven’t been to Disney World in quite a long time.
It all started in 1975 as the Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village. Not much was there at the time but it was billed as a restful shopping atmosphere.
Two years later, in 1977, Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village changed names to the Walt Disney World Village. A few years later the name was changed to Disney Village Marketplace.
At this point brand name stores and restaurants were coming in to this shopping area. In 1997, Disney Village Marketplace became Downtown Disney. Finally, after many years of that name, Disney announced a major expansion to the area and on September 29, 2015 Disney gave Downton Disney a fresh new name…Disney Springs.
Disney Springs has four different neighborhoods: Town Center, Marketplace, The Landing and the West Side. The restaurants are located all around the area with various options to pick from.
Dining options range from simple snacks to burgers and hot dogs as well as options that go all the way up to fine dining choices. One important item to note is that Disney Springs is indeed on the Disney Dining Plan, so if you decide to venture in for a couple of hours to shop and eat dinner you can use your dining credits for your meal.
We are listing all the restaurants with the Disney Dining Plan categories in mind. If you are not on the dining plan don’t worry! You will still see what would be considered “lunch” and what is “dinner” from the list.
We generally consider table service restaurants to be for dinner and counter service for lunch. You can find more details about these categories here.
Disney Springs Table Service Restaurants
Table Service gives you a full sit-down meal which would includes an entree or a complete combo meal and a desert and beverage, a buffet or a family-style meal. Normally, these restaurants will require a reservation and much more time to be thoroughly enjoyed.
Disney Springs restaurants are each unique with different themes and cuisine. There truly is something for every taste bud and for every personality! We break it all down for you here. The table service restaurants in Disney Springs are:
AMC Dine-in Fork and Screen Theatres – Dinner and movie anyone?
City Works Eatery and Pour House – This new restaurant is a great spot to watch a game with tons of TV’s and a video wall. Classic American food and 80 beers on tap.
Enzo’s Hideaway Tunnel Bar – Fun speakeasy inspired by Roman aperitivo bars. Great atmosphere!
Frontera Cocina – Authentic Mexican specialties from award winning Chef, Rick Bayless.
Homecomin’- Florida southern favorites such as fried chicken, mac and cheese and unbelievable desserts.
House of Blues Restaurant and Bar – A whopping capacity of 1500 and great live entertainment almost every night in the House of Blues Music Hall. A mix of southern and global cuisine! This restaurant features a fantastic brunch.
Jaleo – The spirit and flavor of Spain both traditional and new twists on classics.
Maria and Enzo’s Ristorante – Once an abandoned airline terminal, this wonderful restaurant is full of historical air travel references and overlooks Lake Buena Vista. Showcases amazing 50 foot high ceilings, a grand staircase and floor to ceiling views!
Morimoto Asia – Celebrity Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto’s brilliant pan-Asian restaurant! If you love dim sum, this is the spot for you! They serve dim sum on the weekend.
Paddlefish – Seafood galore!
Paradiso 37, Taste of the Americas – Serving up cuisine of the 37 Latin American Nations!
Planet Hollywood Observatory – Movie and music memorabilia with some of the best food!
Raglan Road Irish Pub – Irish pub with live music most days.
Rainforest Cafe – Popular restaurant chain with exotic fish tanks, animatronic figures and jungle sounds.
Splitsville Luxury Lanes– Dinner and bowling, anyone?
STK Orlando – American cuisine in a hip, chic environment.
T-Rex Cafe – Prehistoric age restaurant. Special effect and dinosaurs a plenty!
Terralina Crafted Italian – Wonderful Italian restaurant.
The BOATHOUSE – This one of a kind restaurant offers different dining packages. Upsale, waterfront restaurant. If you love fine dining with steaks, seafood and a raw bar, you’ll want to check this out. Be sure to check out their website for all the details.
The Edison – Fantastic ambiance with an Industrial Gothic theme of the 1920’s time period.
Wine Bar George – Come for the wine, stay for the food!
Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill – Inspired by traditional farmhouses, this unique bar and grill offers a variety of wonderful food.
Disney Springs Counter Service Restaurants
Quick service (counter service) includes meals and drinks at most places in Disney World including the resorts that are quick, on the run, not needing a reservation type places. They can be used for breakfast, lunch or dinner depending on where you are eating. The counter service restaurants in Disney Springs are:
- Amorette’s Patisserie – French style bakery with cakes, pastries, and treats
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza – Artisanal pizzas made in three minutes
- Chicken Guy! – Celebrity Chef Guy Fieri puts his flair on chicken, sauces, and salads
- Cookes of Dublin – Irish cooking! Enjoy fish and chips, meat pies, sandwiches, and more
- D-Luxe Burger – Ranch style gourmet burgers, fries, and gelato shakes
- Earl of Sandwich – Known for its hot sandwiches and Earl Gray lemonade!
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC -Treats that are kosher and refined sugar-, gluten-, wheat-, soy-, dairy- and egg-free.
- Food Trucks Exposition Park – you will find three amazing food trucks: the Mexican inspired 4 Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck, incredible hot dog varieties from Hot Diggity Dogs, and of course, macaroni and cheese twists from Mac and Cheese.
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop – Speciality sundaes and premium chocolates
- Marketplace Snacks – Dole Whip desserts and pineapple rum floats!
- Morimoto Asian Street Food – Classic Asian street food such as ramen, sushi, and bubble tea
- Pepe – Spanish food truck food from José Andrés. It’s the first brick and mortar of this restaurant. Located on the West Side.
- Pizza Ponte – Sicilian style pizza, desserts, and wine
- Polite Pig – Modern Florida barbecue along with Southern sides (think mac and cheese, smoked corn with lime butter and tomato and watermelon salad). Also offers craft beers and cocktails.
- Sprinkles – Gourmet bakery and ice cream. If you’ve ever wanted to try one of the Instagram famous “cupcake ATMs” this is where you can do it! Well known for their salted oatmel cornflake flavor.
- Starbucks – West Side – coffee, of course!
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company (formerly Tea Traders Cafe) – Gourmet coffee drinks from Joffrey’s – the official specialty coffee of Walt Disney World. Also has tropical smoothies in 8 unique flavors.
- The Smokehouse – BBQ classics and cocktails
- Vivoli Gelateria – World famous Italian gelato
- Wolfgang Puck Express – California cuisine from Wolfgang Puck
In addition to all of these restaurants, there are a wide variety of snacks and drink locations where you can grab everything from ice cream and pretzels to soft drinks and curated cocktails. Remember, many snacks are on the Disney Dining Plan!
The 19 Best Disney Springs Restaurants
Which of the restaurants are best Disney Springs restaurants? One of the best indicators of which restaurant is best is which is most popular.
We spent time researching Trip Advisor and a variety of restaurant recommendation sites to come up with a list of the very best restaurants in Disney Springs. Taking all the table and counter restaurants into consideration, here is what we find to be the order of most popular.
Remember, this isn’t our opinion! This is the opinion of thousands of people who have eaten at the best restaurants in Disney Springs. The 19 best restaurants in Disney Springs are:
- Wine Bar George
- House of Blues Restaurant and Bar
- Enzo’s Hideaway Tunnel Bar
- Raglan Road
- The BOATHOUSE
- Frontera Cocina
- Chicken Guy!
- Morimoto Asia
- Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill
- Maria and Enzo’s Ristorante
- STK Orlando
- Rainforest Cafe
- The Edison
- Terralina Crafted Italian
- Planet Hollywood at Disney Springs
- Paradiso 37, Taste of the Americas
We definitely recommend spending a day at Disney Springs if you have extra time in your schedule! This may be a great place to catch dinner on the day you arrive at Disney World. Be sure to use our Disney planning guide to help make the most out of your time!