Looking for the best Jafar quotes? Jafar is the main villain in Disney’s Aladdin, the 31st animated Walt Disney Pictures film.
He is the Sultan’s most trusted advisor but as we all know, he was actually very evil and wanted to rule Agrabah. He is recognized by his long, narrow face, twisted, black goatee and a faint mustache, black and red outfit complete with headdress and of course, is gold serpent staff.
Jafar does his best to trick the Sultan, marry Princess Jasmine and get control of the genie’s lamp along which has those phenomenal cosmic powers. Spoiler alert – in the end, he doesn’t win but we won’t share all the details with you!
Jafar is voiced by Jonathan Freeman and is found in a variety of films, not just the main Aladdin! Below are some of the best quotes from Jafar.
Best Jafar Quotes from Aladdin (1992)
1. “Trust me, my pungent friend, you’ll get what’s coming to you.”
2. “My life is but to serve you, my lord.”
3. “Your father has charged me with keeping peace in Agrabah. That boy was a criminal.”
4. “You’re only a fool if you give up, boy.”
5. “Things aren’t always what they seem.”
6. “The idea has merit.”
7. “I love the way your foul little mind works!”
8. “Desperate times call for desperate measures, my lord.”
10. “This is not done yet, boy!”
11. “The power! The absolute power!”
12. Second?! Only second?! HE SERVES ME!!
13. You think so? But I am Sultan! I am the greatest sorcerer the world has ever seen. I will create an empire that history cannot ignore. I can destroy cities. I can destroy kingdoms. And I can destroy YOU.
14. Hakim! You obey the sultan. So you obey me now.
15. I think we’ve heard enough from you, Princess. It’s time you start doing what you should’ve done all along. Stay silent.
16. I will not forgive you boy! Mark my words, I will not forgive what you have done to me!
17. The most powerful in the universe! At last! Second to no one! And I thought I had power before! First…I’ll lay waste to those fools in Sherabad!
18. I will make sure no one will ever say these words again! Genie, for my final wish, I wish to become the most powerful being in the universe! More powerful than you!
19. Genie, for my first wish; I wish to be Sultan of Agrabah.
20. So this is how it will be? Not even the title of sultan would wake the herd from their sleep. I should have known. If you won’t bow before a sultan, you will cower for a sorcerer! [to Genie] Genie, I wish to become the most powerful sorcerer there is!
21. As the old man said, “You should have left Agrabah when you had the chance.” I told you before to think bigger. You could have been the most powerful man in the room. But now, I hold the lamp! I hold the power!
22. “Marry the shrew. I become sultan. The idea has merit.”
23. “The universe is mine to command! To control!”
24. “No, Iago. Only until she finds a chump husband. Then she’ll have us banished. Or beheaded.”
25. “You’re speechless, I see. A fine quality in a wife.”
26. “No, really. On a scale of one to ten, you are an eleven.”
27. “So his prospects take a terminal dip.”
28. [from inside the lamp] “Get your blasted beak out of my face!”
29. “Soon I will be sultan, not that addlepated twit.”
30. “I think it’s time to say goodbye to Prince Abubu.”
31. “Giving you your reward – your eternal reward!”
32. “A snake, am I? Perhaps you’d like to see how snakelike I can be!”
33. “Now, pussycat… tell me more about myself.”
Jafar Quotes from Aladdin (2019)
34. “You see, I was once like you, a common thief, only I thought bigger. Steal an apple and you’re a thief, steal a kingdom and you’re a statesman. Only weak men stop there. You’re either the most powerful man in the world or you’re nothing.”
35. “I can make you rich… rich enough to impress a princess.”
36. “You seem to bring me the rough, but not the diamond.”
37. “The cave of wonders. When you enter, you will see more riches than you’ll ever dreamed of gold, diamonds and the lamps.”
38. “Bring me the lamp. Your life begins now, Aladdin.”
39. “Do you know what I had to do to get the power that I have? The sacrifices that I’ve made? The bodies that I’ve buried? The five years spent in a Sherabad jail? People need to understand that they will pay for underestimating me. Second is not enough! And it will never be enough! That’s why I need the lamp, and why I no longer need you!”
40. “He’s been pretending the entire time. An imposter. There is no Prince Ali. There never was. He’s nothing but a lying thief.”
41. “Control that cat if you know what’s good for you.”
42. “Now where were we? Ah, yes abject humiliation!”
Jafar Quotes from Return of Jafar (1994)
43. “That was two wishes. Take your time with the third.
Or you will wish you had never been born.”
44. “If it weren’t for *me*, you’d still be in a cage at the bazaar squawking, “Polly want a cracker!”
45. Iago : “I’ve got sand in places I didn’t even know I had!”
Jafar : “Spare me your prattling, Iago. Are we out yet?”
46. Abis Mal, the Chief of the Thieves : “Wait. How do I know that these things won’t disappear once I set you free?”
Jafar : “The more pressing question is, how will you stay alive if you don’t?”
Abis Mal, the Chief of the Thieves : “But… you said genies can’t kill, you said that.
Jafar : You’d be surprised what you can live through.”
47. “Iago, you betrayed me and allied yourself with my enemies! Then you turned on them as soon at it was in your best interests. That’s what I love about you. You’re so perfectly predictable. A villain through and through!”
48. Blue Genie : “Hahahaha! Who’s laughing now”
Jafar : “Hahahahaa!”
Jafar : “Why, I believe it’s me.”
Abu the Monkey : “Argh!”
49. “Men cower at the power in my pinky / My thumb is number one on every list! But if you’re not convinced that I’m invincible / put me to the test / I’d love to lay this rivalry to rest!”
50. Abis Mal, the Chief of the Thieves : “I got it! I could wish for the famed treasure chest of King Malakhan!”
Jafar : “Oh, I am dreadfully sorry. I thought that was your wish. Are you quite all right?”
Abis Mal, the Chief of the Thieves : “No, I am not quite all right.”
Jafar : “Wonderful! Good to see all is well.”
51. “YOU WILL NOW RELEASE ME! So that I may have my revenge.”
52. “Do as I say, you worthless pipsqueak!”
52. Abis Mal, the Chief of the Thieves : “Hey, that was a nice hat. I could’ve worn that hat.”
Jafar : “We need this for our plan.”
Abis Mal, the Chief of the Thieves : “Couldn’t we use another hat for the plan?”
Jafar : “Oh, no. The Sultan’s turban and this dagger are exactly what we need to seal Aladdin’s doom.”
53. Jafar : [to Aladdin] “You shall never have my lamp, and there is no one to save you this time!”
Iago : “Hey Jafar! SHUT UUUUP!”
54. “Let’s not be too hasty, my simple minded friend. It’s not enough that we simply destroy Aladdin. After all, there are things so much worse than death!”
55. “Good help is so hard to find these days, isn’t it, Aladdin?”
56. “The street rat? Still alive? No!”
57. “My lamp! NOOOOOOOO!”
58. “I suppose I am a bit too much for his limited mind.”
There you have it! Some of the most famous quotes from one of the most famous Disney Villains. Want more villain quotes? Head on over to check out some of our favorite Gaston quotes!