When it comes to Disney World we are all about finding ways to save money wherever we can! One of those ways to save money is to cut back on buying food and snacks in the Disney parks.
In order to do that, we need to bring in food, our own snacks and beverages, and in order to do that, we need something to bring it in with. We want to give you some of the best choices for backpacks, bags and coolers for bringing your food into the parks.
In addition to saving money, there are other reasons you may want to bring in food and drink. Someone in your party (or possibly many) have dietary restrictions that make it easier to bring in what you want to eat as opposed to searching for food that meets your needs.
Another great reason to bring in your own food is you have it handy when the little ones get hungry. Anything we can do to keep spirits high during the Park days helps and keeping tummies full is one of those ways. No one wants hangry kids at the most magical place on earth!
Backpack and Cooler Rules at Disney World
All types of coolers and cooler backpacks are acceptable to bring into the Disney parks, however, they must be no bigger than 24 inches (long) x 15 inches (wide) x 18 inches (high).
Food, snacks and drinks are totally fine to bring into any of the four Walt Disney World theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot or Hollywood Studios), with the exception of the following:
- You cannot bring in any glass containers
- You cannot bring in any alcoholic beverages
- You cannot bring in any dry ice or loose ice. (reusable ice packs, gel packs are totally fine and make a great alternative)
Things To Know When Bringing A Cooler To Disney World:
- You are allowed to bring in hard coolers, assuming it fits the acceptable dimensions, but we find the soft shell coolers are the best for Disney World.
- There are lockers in all of the Disney World parks that you can store your cooler in which could be an option to consider.
- Water bottles are also acceptable to bring into the parks. If you have a freezer at your hotel, fill them with halfway with water and freeze them before you go to the parks! Why are you not reviewing water bottles? Because we already have the best water bottles here!
Here are our favorite coolers!
Disney With Dave’s Daughters is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you shop using the links below at no additional cost to you.
A backpack cooler is very convenient because you can carry it all day long in the park. The ones we are recommending have very comfortable shoulder straps which make them a great option for the long day in the park. These are especially great if you are not bringing a stroller with you (strollers can carry the coolers for a while!).
Having a backpack cooler with you at all times gives you the convince of stopping for lunch, a snack, or a cold drink whenever you feel like it or when you happen to find a quiet spot. We never rent a locker when we are at Disney World because we don’t want to have to walk all the way back to the locker when we get hungry or thirsty.
In case you are taking turns carrying the cooler the adjustable straps will make it easy to fit on anyone. They are insulated to keep things cold (and hot) for a long time.
Backpack coolers can get very expensive but we are focusing in on best backpacks and coolers for your Disney vacation. So below are what we feel are the best affordable cooler backpack options for your trip.
1. Sparter Backpack Cooler
- 【20 Hours Retention】Sparter backpack cooler is insulated with thickened 8mm (others 5mm) foam, together with advanced silver PEVA seal for blocking UV rays to keep beverages and foods cool up to 20h throughout the day.
- 【Waterproof & Lightweight】Our cooler bags are made of high-density scratch-resistant nylon material with extra PU coating ensuring 100% waterproof and easy to clean. Lightweight (1.13 LB) portable design with adjustable padded strap and back, more comfortable than carrying a heavy traditional big cooler.
- 【2 Insulated Compartments & Multi-Pockets】Featured 2 insulated compartments for cooling drinks & dry foods, 1 front big pocket and 2 side pockets to hold your snacks, phone, wallet, and other accessories. There is one bottle opener included for more convenience.
- 【Leak-proof & Sweat-Free】We surpport free replacement or return if any leak happens. Additional smooth horizontal zippers enhance its anti-leaking perfectly.
- 【33 Cans Large Capacity】Measures 17''x10.5''x7.5"( H x L x W) and can hold up to 33 cans (330ml)
- Front zip pocket great for napkins, paper plates etc…
- 2 insulated compartments
- Leak proof (free replacement if there is a leak)
- Can tip over
The backpack cooler is functional, and it held together through a week-long trip to Disney World. Now, my husband uses it to carry drinks and his lunches when he rides his motorcycle.Amazon review from Courtnee
2. Coleman 28 Can Backpack Soft Cooler
- INSULATION: Main compartment keeps contents cold and prevents leaks with heat-welded seams
- CAPACITY: Holds up to 28 cans
- EASY TO CARRY: Backpack design with adjustable padded straps for maximum comfort
- EXTRA STORAGE: Large front pocket for quick access to napkins and accessories
- Super comfy straps
- Mostly water resistant
- 2 side water bottle pockets
- Waist band can’t be removed (and you may not want it)
- Handle on top is thin
Perfect for our disney trip. We used the freezer packs and carried sandwiches, snacks and drinks in this. It fit on all the rides easily and kept everything cool. A great investment!Amazon review from Samuel Bunting
3. Tourit Cooler Backpack 30 Cans
- Multiple pockets including mesh pockets
- 600 Oxford, high-density foam, and leak-proof liner
- Front face pocket is pretty slim
I bought this for our trip to Disney World last week, based on other reviews I read here. This Tourit cooler backpack did not disappoint! It kept everything nice and cold, all day long even with the heat and humidity. There is plenty of room and the extra pockets were great for snacks and flavor pouches for water. I highly recommend this product!Amazon review from Christine
4. Seehonor Insulated Cooler Backpack
- Upgraded waterproof & insulation
- Large capacity: 45 cans/30L, measures 17.7’’ x 7.9’’ x 13.0’’
- Durable & scratch-proof
- 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- The stylish backpack with cooler contains 1 large main storage compartment, 2 side mesh pockets, 2 large front zipper pocket with mesh divider to keep utensils, 1 zipper pocket on the lid for extra storage, 1 beer opener and 1 mesh pocket on the strap.
- Different colors to choose from
- Includes a small removable multi tool you can use as a bottle opener, can opener or screw driver
- Thick strap
- Front zipper is not insulated, but great for your phone and other similar personal items
We bought this for a Disney World trip. Worked perfectly. It was under the max size allowed in. Fit water and a couple sandwiches for the day. Really nice backpack!Amazon review from Christina
5. Adrimer Cooler Backpack
- INSULATED BACKPACK COOLER: High-Density insulation material and leak-proof liner inside of the large insulated backpack work together to ensure anti-leaking and keep food or drinks/ beer cold for 16 hours
- LARGE CAPACITY: This backpack cooler leakproof own roomy capacity to pack all your necessities, which is made of one 15 liters collapsible leak proof insulated compartment on the bottom, plus a 10 liters packable storage compartment and 6 medium durable pockets for your quick access essentials. Dimension: 17.1"*12.2"*6.1"(L*W*H), Weight: 1.68 pounds / 760 g
- MULTIPLE POCKETS: 1 large main insulated compartment on the bottom for your drinks or food, 1 top storage compartment can be used to organize your dry items, 3 medium zipper pockets in front for your quick essentials, 1 mesh pocket and 1 zipper pocket on both sides are perfect for your water bottle or other valuable items, 1 anti-theft pocket on the back is safe enough for protecting your valuable items, plus the hidden pockets in the shoulder straps can be used to hold your cards
- LIGHTWEIGHT & DURABLE & COMFY: Padded back panel with Airflow ventilation technology for added support and comfort. Breathable and adjustable shoulder straps relieve the stress of shoulder. Foam padded top handle for a long time carry on
Pros: Anti-theft pocket on the back. Great for protecting your valuable items.
Top storage compartment for organizing granola bars, dry snacks and other similar items
Cons: It’s a bit smaller than some for the price
Perfect for Disney World! I purchased this for my 10 day excursion to Disney World. It was perfect for holding my snacks/lunch/water bottle and personal items. All the security people commented on how nice the bag was! A great purchase and I know I will be using this back pack for other trips as well!Amazon review from Candy
6. Maelstrom Cooler Backpack
- Leak-proof & Insulated：High-density insulation material and leak-proof liner inside of the insulated cooler backpack work together to make sure anti-leaking and keep food hot / cold for 16 hours. The interior lining is made of high quality material and easy to clean. You can drink cold beer,eat fresh snacks or fruit with friends or family anytime.
- Large capacity & Multiple Compartments: Leak-proof backpack cooler：19”x 13”x 9”（LxWxH）. Main bag can hold up to 35 cans(32L). Maelstrom insulated backpack provides several pockets for handy storage and convenient organization. Spacious backpack packed with roomy zipper main compartment,1 top zipper pocket,1 front zipper pocket,1 front elastic rope net,1 front cutlery storage bag,2 mesh side pockets and a hidden back zipper pocket，1 shoulder strap card pocket.
- Ergonomic & Comfortable Design: Thicker padded back with ergonomic breathable design paired with adjustable,breathable and padded S shoulder straps help to reduce fatigue during a long day of trip. The backpack ice chest comes with a handle,which is labor-saving and durable. The adjustable chest buckle works perfectly to distribute the pack’s weight and keep it steady and centered. And chest buckle designed as a survival whistle for quick and easy use in case of emergency.
- Great bag with plenty of room
- Ergonomic and comfortable design
- The most unique function design of all the bags
- Possibly not as durable as others
Lifesaver! Bought it for Disney trip and must say it didn’t disappoint. Comfortable, sturdy enough and fit all we needed. No leaking and kept its form after multiple wears.Amazon review from Maddy
7. Oniva Disney Micky Mouse PTX Backpack Cooler
- PICNIC COOLER - The PTX Backpack Cooler by Oniva, a Picnic Time brand, is a soft sided travel cooler featuring a fully insulated, water-resistant interior to keep all your drinks and snacks chilled
- TAILGATE READY - With numerous pockets for extra or isolated storage, and an insulated main cooler section that holds up to 23 cans, you can pack all you need in this large portable cooler
- COOLER BAG - Made of durable polyester with padded straps with a stretch cargo cord on the exterior front to secure a sweater or towel and an attachment harness to secure onto golf carts
- DAY HIKE BACKPACK - Measuring at a compact 13.5 by 11 by 7 inches, this backpack is the perfect lightweight cooler for short hikes, destination picnics, and big beach adventures
- BUILT TO LAST Lifetime Guarantee - Product quality backed by the Picnic Time Family of Brands, a family-owned business in California
- Cute design makes it a great Disney park bag (Mickey Mouse artwork on the front)
- Stretch cargo cord on exterior front to secure items such as a sweater
- Doesn’t hold as much as others
Perfect for a cooler to Disney parks! I have gone to Disney World twice since I bought this and it’s perfect I don’t suggest putting ice in it. Definitely buy prefrozen ice packs. If using it for home I still suggest the same thing and I love the inside top you can store your phone and car keys so they don’t overheat. Perfect purchase!Amazon review from Figment72
Best Cooler Bags For Disney
If you choose not to carry a backpack cooler, then soft cooler bags are a great option for your Disney trip. You can pack them with as much food, bottles of water, baby food and other non food items and put them under the stroller or take turns carrying them.
Cooler bags can take up less room when they are empty making it easier to store them when not in use. They also can be a bit easier to fill with your food and drinks for the day.
Here are some wonderful inexpensive options for going to the Disney theme parks with a soft cooler bag.
1. Coleman Chiller Cooler
- Made of the highest quality materials
- Another quality Coleman product
- Package Dimensions: 13.3" L x 11.5" W x 9" H
- Model Number: 3000005592
- Removable hard liner
- Durable great bag with a great name
- Shoulder strap is not ideal
Bought this for Disney World and it worked great! Kept enough drinks and snacks cool for our family of 4 all day at the parks. Love the pockets on the front and sides to stash things like bags of gummies or fruit.Amazon review from Amber
2. Oniva Disney Minnie Mouse Topanga Tote Cooler Bag
- INSULATED COOLER BAG - The Topanga Cooler Tote Bag by Oniva, a Picnic Time brand, is a durable polyester and PVC insulated soft cooler tote with complimentary accent stitching and storage space to...
- PICNIC TOTE - The perfect insulated cooler bag for carrying food and drinks to the beach, the pool, the park or just the store - keep your phone, wallet, and keys in the exterior pocket
- GROCERY COOLER - With a generous 24 can capacity, it’s the ideal travel cooler for a picnic lunch, a full week of groceries, or a tailgate’s worth of beer
- COOLER BEACH TOTE - Coming in at 21 by 8.7 by 13 inches, this soft sided cooler tote is roomy, easy to carry, simple to clean, and handy wherever you go, perfect for snacks on your beach days
- BUILT TO LAST Lifetime Guarantee - Product quality backed by the Picnic Time Family of Brands, a family-owned business in California
- Cute design with Mickey’s sweetheart Minnie Mouse on the front makes this bag a hit at the parks
- Lined interior is heat-sealed PVC insuring no leaking
- When full, hard to carry all day
Purchased for trip to Disney. Did the job. kept things cool in hot Florida weather. Nicely made. Bright color. Highly recommend.Amazon review from Mrs. Owen
3. Lifewit Collapsible Cooler Bag
- Thermal Insulated: The lunch bag is made of insulated material which can keep food and drinks cool or warm for more than 5 hours.
- Large Capacity: Dimensions - 13.8" ( 35cm ) × 11" ( 28cm ) × 11" ( 28cm ). The maximum capacity of lunchbox for adults is 24L, and is spacious enough to store 40 cans of coke (330ml), or your lunch such as sandwiches, salad, snacks, drinks and fruits and so on. It is suitable for office, for work, picnic, beach, trip.
- Leakproof & Waterproof: The exterior of lunch box for men is constructed out of 600D water-resistant dirt-proof Oxford fabric for durability and water proofing and easy cleaning. Even when full with water and ice, it holds fruits and drinks well, will not leak at all.
- Durable Material: The lining of insulated lunch bag is made of PEVA foil that is dirt and wear resistant and won't melt easily when the lunchbox holds hot food. High quality strong zippers will minimize the possibility of breaking. Perfect for your needs of office and picnic food storage.
- 2 mesh pockets that can hold drinks or even an umbrella
- Deep front pocket for snacks and important items you need in the parks
- Picture shows shoulder strap but doesn’t come with one
Got this for Disney World and it was perfect!!! Now that we are home my husband and I fight over it lol it’s a great size and easy to travel with!Amazon review from Shanda
4. CleverMade Maverick collapsible Bag
- Keeps your drinks and food cold all day; use while hanging out with your friends at a beach party, to hold your lunch at a family picnic or to haul a six pack of cans and bottles of craft beer to a BBQ
- The patented snap hinge on both sides of the basket provide structure when open; when not in use, simply collapse the sides and the portable cooler will fold flat for quick storage in your trunk or kitchen
- Durable side handles and an adjustable shoulder strap give you a couple of ways to carry the lightweight cooler; perfect for long drives in your SUV and small enough to throw in a suitcase for vacation
- Features include: 5 layers of leak-proof insulation, water resistant zippers and body, top interior dry storage compartment, daisy chain to clip keys, fleece lined pocket for your sunglasses or cell phone
- 5 layers of leak-proof insulation, waterproof zipper and body
- Fleece lined pocket for your sunglasses or cell phone
- One of the more expensive bags
Used it on vacation in Florida. Did well. Just understand it’s not a $200 one. Would buy it again if ever needed.Amazon review from Hello
5. Maelstrom Soft Bag
- EXTRA LARGE CAPACITY - Extra-large size yet weighs only 1.65 lbs. The Maelstrom Icy Hollow Soft sided cooler will hold up to 75 cans of your favorite drinks plus 2-4 ice packs; or with 60 cans you can add 15 lbs. of ice for long lasting coldness.
- STAYS COLD LONGER - Thoughtful 5 layer insulation design. Exterior surfaces are made of rip-stop 600D Oxford materials plus one layer of waterproof PVC. Interior layers are thicker, reinforced food-grade PEVA materials with seamless ultrasonic welding for 100% leakproof and tear-resistance. A built-in EPE foam middle layer and 210D liner add additional insulation, allowing the Maelstrom Icy Hollow Soft Sided Cooler Bag to keep food or drinks cold for up to 12 hours.
- DURABLE - Maelstrom Ice Hollow Soft Sided Cooler Bags have double-stitched carry options. All pick-up points, the shoulder straps and carry handles are reinforced. This cooler bag can handle more weight than you’d prefer to carry. Capacity: 18x12x13.8 inches, 13 Gallons of ice and drinks.
- UNIQUE DESIGN - Top pull tab with Velcro opening design, easy to access your food without having to open the zipper around the whole top cover, keeping contents cool/warm longer. Ergonomic design with two different ways to carry - adjustable straps and a carrying handle. An integrated bottle opener gives you a quick access to pop open a bottle of beer.
- Extra Large capacity yet lightweight
- 5 layer insulation design for allowing things to stay colder longer
- If you overload it, it’s a beast to carry
I bought it a few months ago. Unfortunately, the trip I was planning back then was canceled, and I finally put it to good use last week on a Disney trip. One of the reasons I bought this was the height of the cooler — long bottle friendly! (wine bottles/smart water/or 2 stacks of cans). It doesn’t have the hard plastic liner, which is a plus or a minus based on what you want. I wanted something that I can fold and put away, so that was a big plus. Performance-wise, it provided a chilling beverage throughout a sunny, hot Florida day in Disney only with those icepaks and a bucket of ice from the hotel. The ice melted a bit toward the day’s end, but it did not leak.part of a longer Amazon review from Jinyeong
6. Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipperless Hardbody Cooler
- Deep Freeze high performance insulation with radiant heat barrier reflects heat rather than absoring it; Includes insulated front pocket
- Patented, "flip open" Zipperless lid allows for quick accress to food and drinks; Features FDA compliant HardBody liner with removable SmartShelf
- Ultra Safe leak proof lining with Microban protects against bacterial odors and stains and helps make this product easier to clean
- Rhino-Tech water and stain resistant, wipe clean exterior is abrasion and puncture resistant and will not crack over time
- Adjustable Backsaver shoulder strap with shoulder pad for convenience and usability; Interior liner dimensions: (L x W x H) 11.20" x 6" x 10.25"
- Flip Open zipper less lid for quick access to food and drink
- Deep Freeze performance insulation
- A bit clumsy to haul around
awesome, we took it to our trip to Disney World and it was great! Love the zipperless feature comes very handy when and it still keeps everything nice and cold.Amazon review from Sunflower
So there you have it! Whether you’re wanting to save some money, bring in a special snack or just be certain you have the kind of food and drinks you need for a day, these coolers are all fantastic options!
Coolers for Disney World FAQ
If you choose to bring a cooler into the Walt Disney World theme parks or water parks, it can’t be larger than 24″ long x 15″ wide x 18″ high.
Yes, Disney allows you to bring a cooler – either a backpack style or bag style – into the park. Coolers can’t be larger than 24″ long x 15″ wide x 18″ high.
Yes, you can bring your own food in a cooler into any of the Disney parks.
You can bring your Yeti cooler as long as it is not bigger than 24″ long x 15″ wide x 18″ high.
We hope you found the best cooler for you and your Disney vacation.
Need more travel tips? Head to one of these helpful posts!