You are in Florida and it is hot and humid. What is the number one thing to do in those conditions? Drink water! When you are in Disney World it is vitally important that you stay hydrated, especially if you are there during the sticky summer months.
If we were your bossy older siblings, we would tell you that you MUST bring a water bottle with you into the Disney Parks. You will save money, save your health, and save your sanity!
How much is bottled water at Walt Disney World?
A bottle of Dasani water in Walt Disney World will cost you $3.50 at quick service restaurants and snack shops.
We would not at all be surprised to see the price of bottled water rise in the future.
Can I bring my own water bottle into Walt Disney World?
Yes, you can bring your own refillable water bottle into any of the four Walt Disney World Parks!
You are permitted to bring non-alcoholic beverages into the parks as long as they are not in a glass container. You can bring in any kind of water bottle you like.
We recommend bringing a lightweight plastic water bottle with you in your Disney park bag for several reasons.
First, you do not want to be carrying around extra weight from a heavy water bottle. If there are five people in your family consider carrying 5 metal water bottles all day long on your back (plus everything else).
Second, if you happen to set down your water bottle and walk away it won’t ruin your day to discover you lost it. We try to only bring things into the park that we know might get lost.
Of course, you might completely disagree with us and you may want to bring your amazing Yeti water bottle with you! That choice is completely up to you!
Can I refill my water bottle at the Disney World parks?
Yes, you can refill your water bottle! Each of the Disney Parks has drinking fountains or water bottle refilling stations.
You are more likely to find water bottle refilling stations at Galaxy’s Edge in Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Pandora in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Some of the older parks, like the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT, will mostly have drinking fountains.
You are also able to get free cups of water from any of the quick service dining options. Simply pour your cup of water into your water bottle.
Where are the water bottle refilling stations at Disney World?
Currently you can find water bottle refilling stations at the following locations:
Disney’s Magic Kingdom
- Cosmic Ray’s Cafe
- Near Starbucks in the World Showcase
- Odyssey Event Center
- EPCOT Experience
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- By the entrance to Expedition Everest
- By the entrance to Na’vi River Journey
- By the entrance to Flight of Passage
- Jambo House Playground
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- By the entrance to Slinky Dog Dash
- By the bathrooms in Galaxy’s Edge
- By the exit of Smugglers Run
- The Transportation Plaza
Is the water at Walt Disney World drinkable?
Yes, the water at Walt Disney World is drinkable. You will find that there are a variety of opinions as to if the water tastes good! Some people think it tastes fine and others insist on bringing a water bottle with a filtration system built in.
If you choose to drink the water straight or use a filter, just make sure you drink water! Your body will thank you.
Can I use my refillable resort mug for water?
Yes, you can bring your refillable mug into the parks and fill it up with water. There are not soda stations for you to use in any of the parks. You can find out more about refillable mug pros and cons here.
What are the best water bottles for Disney World?
As we mentioned earlier, it truly is your personal preference. We will share a few favorite options!
9 Best Water Bottles for Disney World
Disney With Dave’s Daughters is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you shop using the links below at no additional cost to you.
1. Travel Collapsable Water Bottle: SPECIAL MADE 20 oz
This collapsable water bottle will help you save space in your suitcase or airplane backpack! This silicone water bottle folds down to 8cm and has handy little straps to help keep it folded when not in use.
This is a great option to have if you want an extra water bottle in the parks but you aren’t sure if you will need it for the entire day.
As hot as Orlando was these bottles served us great. We used them at the airport after security checkin and at the Disneyparks. Such great space savers.Amazon review by Yvonne
- 【Use safe silicon】The water bottle is BPA free and odorless, made of BPA-free food-grade organic silicone, passed LFGB, SGS and as obtained FDA certification, to ensure safe drinking, no PVC,...
- 【LEAK-PROOF AND EASY-TO-CLEAN】The patented sealing screw cap is used to eliminate leakage and splashing and effectively prevent the bottle from accidentally opening. The wide-mouth design makes it...
- 【Cold and heat resistance】This product has excellent heat resistance and can withstand temperatures from -50 to 200°C. It has leak-proof and impact-resistant properties and is very suitable for...
- 【Lightweight and convenient】The 20oz(600mL) portable silicone bottle is a foldable type. It takes advantage of the characteristics of soft silicone and can be folded compactly after drinking,...
2. Lightweight Plastic – POGO BPA Free
This lightweight water bottle comes in three different sizes – 18 oz, 32 oz, and 40 oz. It also comes in 7 fun colors making it easy to keep yours separate from the rest of your family.
Great water bottle. Does not leak, has a loop to hold it by or attach it to a bag/lanyard. Great to carry around Disney.Amazon review from Adrian
- Ideal for lunch bags, purses and briefcases
- Made from sturdy and stylish Tritan
- Great to have while working out or in the cup holder when you are on the go
- Chug-style lid has a leak proof cover and is great for fast hydration
- BPA, phthalates, PVC, lead and cadmium free
3. Water Bottle With Filter – Brita 36 oz
If you are sensitive to the taste of water this is the water bottle for you. This 36 oz Brita water bottle comes with a filter that fits in the straw. This water bottle is dishwasher safe and the strap on top makes it easy to carry or clip onto a stroller!
Used this at Disney World to get rid of the taste. Worked perfectly! Loved the straw so germs didn’t get on the mouthpiece. Sea glass color is great!Amazon review from Michelle
- Brita’s Premium 36 ounce Filtering water bottle is our largest Brita bottle yet; it holds 36 oz of water, and is designed with a Brita filter that fits in the straw and makes water taste great
- Get great tasting water without the waste; by switching to Brita, you can save money and replace 1,800 single-use plastic water bottles* a year
- This 36 oz Brita water bottle is car cup holder friendly, and features a built-in carrying loop, easy open lid and is top rack dishwasher safe for easy cleaning; Height 10.6"; Diameter 3.8"; Weight 1...
- The filter reduces chlorine (taste and odor) and more with every sip; compatible with Brita water bottle replacement filters
- For the freshest-tasting water, the Brita water bottle filter should be replaced after 40 gallons or approximately every two months
4. Disney Themed Water Bottle With Straw – Simply Modern
If you are wanting a Disney themed water bottle you HAVE to check these out. These water bottles come in forty, yes FORTY different designs! You will find the Disney villains, princesses, Star Wars characters, Mickey, Avengers, and more. You can choose tumbler or classic water bottle styles.
i bought two of these for my husband & me to use at disney world. we just asked for ice waters & dumped them in and it kept the water cold for days!Amazon review from Mikala
5. Two Pack Plastic Water Bottle – Contigo 24oz
If you are going on an adults only Disney trip and are in need of new water bottles check out this two pack! These are leak free, lightweight, and hold a good amount of water. These come in several different color options.
Amazing water bottle. Best water bottle, great for my whole family on our Disney trip.Amazon review from Danny.
- NO LEAKS WITH AUTOSPOUT TECHNOLOGY: Spout pops up for easy drinking from the straw; seals with straw down for no spills
- SIP CLEANER: Spout cover helps to protect the spout from dirt and grime
- LOCK IT IN: Button lock ensures the spout doesn’t open accidentally
- CARRY ON: Integrated handle makes it easier and more comfortable to pick up and go
- EVERY LAST DROP: Angled straw fits securely into the lid so you can sip every last drop
6. Stainless Steel with Spout – Takeya 18 oz
This is a steel insulated water bottle that will keep your water nice and cold! We love the innovative lid design that keeps water from leaking (Katie’s daughter has this water bottle and she loves it!). Takeya comes in 6 different sizes, a spout lid or straw lid, and 14 different colors. (Check out the reviews on amazon – 18,000+ reviews and 5 stars!)
Of course, keep in mind that the steel water bottles will be heavier in your backpack.
My family loved these bottles at Disney world last summer. They are high quality.Amazon review from Splookity
- Actives Insulated Water Bottle: Takeya Actives Stainless Steel Water Bottle is a sleek and rugged sports water bottle with a powder coated finish. The 18oz water bottle's unique double-wall vacuum...
- Insulated Spout Lid: This stainless steel water bottle comes with an innovative leakproof insulated spout lid that allows for easy one-handed drinking or pouring. It features a hinge lock that keeps...
- Premium Bottles and Lids: Our innovative Line of insulated hydration solutions come in a range of sizes. We offer bottles in 18, 22, 24, 32, 40, and 64 oz sizes, tumblers in 20 and 30 oz sizes, and...
- BPA Free Hydration Solutions: From insulated stainless steel water bottles to beverage makers and pitchers, as well as a variety of product accessories, Takeya USA products help you stay cool,...
- Innovative Hydration Solutions: Takeya brings over 55 years of Japanese design heritage to our line of insulated, BPA free water bottles, our sustainable iced tea, fruit infusion, and cold brew...
7. Nalgene Plastic Water Bottle
You can’t go wrong with a classic Nalgene bottle. This water bottle comes in 15 different colors. The smaller spout on this design makes it easy to drink from while you are walking through Disney!
This water bottle is guaranteed to last. In our family we have Nalgene bottles that have been around for 20+ years and are still going strong! Nalgene also has fantastic customer service (we know this from personal experience), so if you do happen to have an issue with your water bottle you can be sure they will take care of you.
Love this bottle. I got the Clementine. Super light weight. Beautiful. Travels well.Amazon review from T.
- Our new Nalgene Sustain product line is made from Tritan Renew, 50% certified recycled content further offsetting the use of fossil fuels and lowering greenhouse gas emissions.
- This Nalgene water bottle is completely leak proof, made of virtually indestructible BPA-free Tritan, easy to clean and dishwasher safe on the top rack.
- For Your Everyday Adventures! Take your Nalgene bottle to the gym, office, camping, exploring and everywhere in between
- Suitable for both warm and cold beverages (-40 to 212 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Free of BPA, BPS and phthalates, marked with milliliters and ounces for easy measurement
8. Water Bottle with Filtered Straw – Survimate
Here is another great filtered water bottle option. This water bottle will give you clean, fresh water at all times. This water bottle is BPA free and extremely durable.
Let’s face it. We all know Disney water is gross, and it’s hard to get your water intake from the weird taste of it. I bought this in hopes that it would filter out that weird Orlando water taste and- it WORKED! The water tasted amazing, and was able to just keep filling up my water bottle at the water fountains (the fountains near Big Thunder Mtn tasted metallic, so just be warned it might depend on which fountain you get it from). It may also filter out some other bad tasting city water as well, and also worked for DC water. Definitely well worth the investment!Amazon review from Foxy
- 4-Stage Filtration - The Survimate water filter bottle adopts a composite filter technology, can reduce most contaminants. The filter element uses a coarse filter screen, a 0.01μm hollow fiber UF...
- Smaller Filter Pore Size - The filter pore size of the hollow fiber UF membrane is 0.01 microns so that it can filter out 99.99% harmful materials from the water while other brands' filter pore size...
- Built-in Compass - When you are camping or exploring outdoors, the built-in compass at the top of the water bottle can help you identify the direction.
- Long Lifespan - The filter element can filter up to 1,500L (396 Gallons) drinking water and can replace 3,000 single-use plastic bottles (500ml). Proper use and maintenance of the water filter can...
- Tips - Fill up the bottle with water, sip the straw 8 to 10 times, then you will get fresh water (It requires more suction than ordinary bottles to suck water out, because the water needs to be...
9. Stainless Steel Iron Flask Sports Water Bottle
This incredible water bottle comes with three different lid options! You get a straw lid, flip lid, and handle lid with each bottle. This water bottle is insulated so it will not sweat and cause the items in your Disney Park bag to get all wet. You will have 28 different color options to choose from and a 100% satisfaction guaranteed promise!
I (Katie) personally own this water bottle and I love it. I use the straw lid and it works great! It keeps my water cold for a long time, fits in my car cupholder, and I love that I can throw it in my backpack when we go to our local amusement park and it doesn’t sweat!
Wow this was a great buy, we bought it for our Disney trip and it was great. Its not too bulky to keep in the side pocket on a backpack, the water stayed cold for hours and the mouth is big enough to slip ice in with no problem. FYI… you can ask for ice or water at the parks at no cost instead of paying for bottled water.Amazon review from Erika Sanchez
Hopefully you have found a water bottle option for your Disney World vacation that will work well for you! You can always have disposable waters delivered with your grocery order and bring those into the parks as well.
Be sure to check out our recommendations of what else you should add to your Disney park bag! (You’ll want to bring band aids and snacks!)