One of the most common questions that people have when planning a trip to Walt Disney World is, “Can I bring a bag into Disney parks?” The answer is YES!
In fact, not only can you bring a bag or backpack into Disney World, but we highly recommend it.
When you are choosing a bag or backpack to bring into the parks, you will want to make sure that the bag is comfortable and that you are able to stay organized. You don’t want to end the day with sore shoulders or aching back because you chose fashion over comfort.
Trust us, you can find cute AND comfortable backpacks! You also want to make sure that you are not wasting time digging around in a backpack trying to find a power cord or fruit snack.
What should I look for in a bag for Walt Disney World?
You will want to look for the following features when choosing a bag for Disney World:
- Adjustable, padded shoulder straps
- Multiple zipper pockets, side pockets or other organizational features
- If you are not bringing a stroller make sure it is big enough for extra items for your children
We also recommend that you read reviews before purchasing a new one for your Disney trip, specifically pay attention to comfortability.
Also, fill up your backpacks with everything you will bring into the parks BEFORE you leave to make sure there is enough room and it is comfortable.
11 Best Disney World Backpacks
Disney With Dave’s Daughters is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you shop using the links below at no additional cost to you.
We have this post broken up into two sections. The top section is an easy to scan list of all of our recommended backpacks.
Use this section if you have an idea of what you want to bring or if you’re short on time and just want quick links to shop!
If you want more details on each bag or further reviews, keep scrolling! We cover more details like dimensions and who we would recommend use each bag further down the article.
Use this however you want to find the best bag for your Disney vacation!
And now, here are our favorite backpacks and bags for your Disney trip!
|Product Image||Product Name||Primary Button|
Want more information on a specific bag? Keep reading!
1. Best for Bringing Your Own Lunch: Coleman Soft Backpack Cooler
- INSULATION: Main compartment keeps contents cold and prevents leaks with heat-welded seams
- CAPACITY: Holds up to 28 cans
- EASY TO CARRY: Backpack design with adjustable padded straps for maximum comfort
- EXTRA STORAGE: Large front pocket for quick access to napkins and accessories
Features: If you primarily want to to bring snacks and drinks into the park, this is a great option for your Disney World vacation!
Your fruit and water will stay nice and cold in this insulated backpack. This backpack has adjustable padded straps and an outside pocket for maps, hand sanitizing wipes, and your rain poncho!
Dimensions: 19.38 x 14.76 x 1.78″
Best for: Anyone who is not on the Disney Dining Plan and is planning on bringing your own lunch into the park.
We used this bag for our summer Disney World trip. My boyfriend and I each had one of these. In the morning we would load it with waters and snacks. To avoid having to pack ice packs I froze some bottles of water and put them in there, as they thawed we’d drink them. The front pocket is tight, but it held my poncho, keys, sunscreen, and other items. The bag never leaked during our weeklong trip. We are going back again this summer and this bag is coming with us again!Amazon user Andrea Hollick
Find similar backpack coolers here.
2. Best for Families: Under Armour Adult Team Hustle
- UA Storm technology delivers an element-battling, highly water-resistant finish
- Breathable air-mesh padded back panel & adjustable, HeatGear shoulder straps for total comfort
- Soft-lined laptop sleeve—holds up to 15"" MacBook Pro or similarly sized laptop
- Water-repellent front valuables pocket to keep your stuff safe
- Large, gusseted front laundry/shoe pocket placed at bottom of bag (fits pair of shoes up to size 15)
- 2 D-Rings & molle webbing on shoulder straps for additional attachment points
Features: This backpack gets amazing reviews and comes in 8 different colors! We love the unique pocket at the bottom of this backpack for extra convenient storage options.
This bag also features two water bottle holders on the outside pockets and has adjustable straps. Under Armour backpacks are highly recommend by frequent Disney travelers for their durability.
We used this bag on our last Disney trip and it was amazing! I traveled to Disney with my laptop, my large camera, extra camera lens, tons of snacks, all my toiletries and a full change of clothes (including 2 sets of Mickey ears) and still had room to spare!
While at the parks I carried my camera, extra lens, spare clothes, my water bottle and some essentials (bandaids, rain poncho, etc) and it worked so well. The padding on the shoulders were great, I felt like I had great support throughout my back and overall loved it.
It doesn’t breathe quite as well on your back so my back did get sweaty but that’s to be expected for a hot day at Disney!
Dimensions When Full: 6.3″”W x 20.1″”H x 12.6″”L
Best for: Families, especially with younger children. The size and organization of this backpack make this unbeatable.
Find similar backpacks here and here (we LOVE the second one!).
3. Best for Women: North Face Borealis Backpack
Our classic Women’s Borealis Backpack is a staple on campus and on the trail. Designed with a women-specific fit, external bungee storage system, protective laptop compartment, and simplified internal organization, this pack can take you anywhere.
Features: This backpack is worth every penny! It has easy to access pockets (perfect for getting snacks out for hangry kids or husbands), a padded mesh back panel so your back doesn’t get too sweaty on those hot days and 2 mesh water bottle pockets.
The shoulder straps and back panel are padded and also have a removable waist belt that you can use to take some of the pressure off your shoulders. The size of this pack is perfect for women and comes in a ton of different colors and prints.
Dimensions: 19.75″H x 13.25″W x 9.75″D
Best for: Because this pack is geared towards women, we would say this bag is a great backpack for moms with young kids and could easily be used as a diaper bag! Of course, anyone can carry this backpack around and be fine.
4. Best for Adults without Children: Kavu Original Rope Sling Crossbody Bag
- The Rope Sling is one of KAVU’s signature crossbody bags. It’s sleek and has storage galore! It's almost identical to its twin, the Cotton Canvas KAVU Rope Bag, with one exception: the Rope Sling is made of polyester, adding more dependability to our already awesome Original Rope Bag design.
- We gave the Rope Sling adjustable rope shoulder strap that is comfy to carry, a handy side release buckle, two vertical zip compartments, two front pockets, and a padded back with KAVU embroidery.
Features: These Kavu rope sling bags have been around for years and aren’t gong anywhere! People love these bags for the organization pockets, adjustability, and ease of use.
The adjustable strap with the clip make this bag easy to use for literally anyone and gives you the ability to clip it on to a stroller.
This bag has two main pockets, an internal zip pocket for your keys, ID, and important items and two front pockets! This is a great bag if you aren’t planning on carrying too much with you.
Dimensions: 20″ x 11″ x 3″
Best for: Anyone who is traveling with adults or older kids and don’t need to bring too much into the park. This bag is also perfect for teens who want to carry their own gear.
I bought this bag to use on my frequent trips to Disney. The large inner pocket is great for carrying a water bottle (or souvenirs picked up along the way). The multiple small pockets both outside and inside the bag make it easy to stash phones and wallets. It even held up during a rainy Halloween party. The only downside is that it can be annoying to deal with digging through the larger pockets if it’s not well organized in advance.Amazon user Sara
Find similar daypacks here and here.
5. Best for Families with Older Kids: WATERFLY Crossbody Sling Backpack
- The front zipper bag and buckle bag allow you to store iPad mini, iPhone 7 Plus, power band, etc., with several separate small compartments inside, it can effectively keep your small items like makeup, tissue, keys and so on.
- The side mesh pocket is 6 inches height, it can hold 2.4 inch(diameter) bottle.
We found this bag via a Disney Facebook group where it got rave reviews from so many people! The most common comment was “it holds way more than I thought it would!”
Katie and her family recently brought two of these on an Arizona trip and it definitely held up to its expectations!
Features: This sling bag is an organizational dream. This small yet functional sling bag packs a punch with an outside water bottle pocket, an anti theft pocket, and even a handy strap pocket!
We were able to keep any size cell phone in the front strap pocket and extra items in the back. We easily carried four water bottles – two in the side mesh pockets and two in the large pocket. We had plenty of room to spare for some granola bars!
Speaking of straps, this reversible strap can be clipped on either the left or right side of the bag, making it comfortable for everyone. This bag comes in 5 colors, gets amazing reviews, and is under $35!
Dimensions: The shoulder strap pouch is 3.5 x 1.5 x 7.5 inches (L x W x H), it will hold the phone screen size under 7 inches easily. Shoulder strap can be adjusted from 31 ” to 39.5 ”.
This bag will pack very easily in your suitcase or other carry on item if you are wanting something bigger for your travel day. Simply pull this out for your park days and you are good to go!
Best for: A family who has kids but does not need a diaper bag anymore. This bag is perfect for mom and dad to switch off carrying throughout the day.
Older kids will also have no problem carrying this – Katie’s ten year old son had zero issues carrying this bag for several hours!
6. Best Versatile Bag: Sunhiker Cycling Hiking Backpack
- It is a small backpack, suitable for those people who do not want a big size backpack.
- Material: Highly tear resistant Nylon, Water-resistant, Lightweight, Scratch-resistant, Durable & Comfortable. Provides you a long-term, secure daily using.
- Breathable mesh shoulder straps which helps relieve the stress of shoulder. Multiple compartments offering enough place to save your belongs more detailed classification and well. Bottle holder on the both sides. High quality smooth zipper and durable front buckle.
Features: This backpack is a bit smaller than an average pack, but that is what we like about it! If you aren’t bring too much into the park but you prefer a backpack rather than a sling bag this is perfect for you.
This pack has two water bottle pockets, multiple zipper pockets, and comfortable shoulder straps with a chest strap. This backpack is also water resistant which makes it perfect for the summer months when there are daily afternoon showers in Florida!
Dimensions: 15.8″ x 9.4″ x 5.9″
Best for: This bag is perfect for families! If you have more than one child and need to carry extra snacks and clothes, this bag is for you.
We initially bought this for our family vacation to Disney World / Universal. It was the perfect size to carry in sandwiches, snacks, and water bottles. It wasn’t too big for my 8 and 10 year old to carry either. (They actually fought over who could wear it next.) We were still able to fit a few souvenirs in the bag on top of all our food and sunscreens, etc. Now, we still use the bag whenever we take day trips hiking or to parks. I absolutely love this bag! It’s just the right size, not too small, definitely not bulky!Amazon user JSP
Find similar crossbody bags here and here.
7. Best Disney Themed: Disney Parks Attractions Mini Backpack Loungefly
- Loungefly Disney Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck and Donald Duck all over print - officially licensed
- Faux leather shell and print lining
- Front zipper pocket, side slot pockets, top handle, inside zip pocket and double zipper opening for main compartment
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Approximate measurements: 9" x 10" x 4.5"
Features: If you are looking for Disney themed backpacks look no further than Loungefly! This mini Disney backpack features attractions from Disney World – Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Spinning Teacups, and more! This backpack has two zipper pockets and two outer water bottle style pockets.
Dimensions: 12.24″ x 11.54″ x 5.98″
Best for: Women and older teen girls. This pack is bit smaller and definitely has a feminine look to it.
Such a beautiful bag! Made with a thick, strong material. Love the design as well. Although it’s expensive, totally worth it! Splurge a little and treat yourself 🙂Amazon user Emily Valsamedis
Find a Minnie and Mickey bag here and adorable Minnie bow bag here!
8. Best Fanny Pack: Waterfly Fanny Pack
- Slim & Lightweight
- Water Resistant
- Multiple Colors
- Comfortable & Adjustable
- Fashionable Stylish
Features: This Waterfly brand Fanny Pack is phenomenal. It has several zipper pockets, including a hidden pocket in the back!
This fanny pack comes in 29 colors and is water resistant. The adjustable waist band and clip make this accessible to anyone to wear around the waist or across the chest.
We brought this to Disney World and it was perfect for our essentials! I could fit my wallet, phone, chapstick, hand sanitizer and sunglasses in perfectly. It was comfortable and versatile – you can wear it across your chest like a crossbody bag or around your waist as a fanny pack.
If you don’t have a lot to bring into the parks, this is the perfect option for you!
Dimensions: 9.4″ x 4.3″ x 2.1″
Best for: Women and teen girls. Men could definitely use this if they wanted, but we find that fanny packs are more often used by women. We recommend this pack as a great choice for anyone traveling without kids.
Find another fanny pack here and here.
9. Best Lightweight: ZOMAKE Ultra Lightweight Packable Backpack
- Water resistant
- Packable and Lightweight
- Breathable Fabric
- Tear Resistant
Features: While this backpack doesn’t have extremely padded shoulder straps or crazy organizational compartments it does have one thing we love: compatibility. In fact, these backpacks are frequently recommended by experienced Disney travelers!
This backpack stores in its own carrying case, making it easy to throw into your suitcase or carry on luggage. This water resistant bag is perfect for carrying a few sweatshirts to put on in the cool Florida evenings – then roll up the bag and toss in your hoodie pocket!
We brought this on our last Disney trip and it was amazing. We put a water bottle in one side pocket and an umbrella in the other. The bag holds WAY more than you think it is going to! We were able to store several souvenirs, extra clothes, all our day bag essentials (sunscreen, etc.) and had room to spare.
The backpack “pouch” turns into an extra pocket inside the bag at the top. We ended up keeping our portable charger and charging cords in that pocket. It was so convenient and easily accessible!
This backpack is affordable and will come in handy after your Disney trip – keep this in the trunk of the car for trips to Aldi or the park!
Dimensions: 10.6″ x 5.5″ x 17.7″
Best for: Literally ANYONE. This backpack shows up all over Disney World as one of the most popular and versatile bags. We saw many people using this exact backpack in a variety of different colors. If you don’t need crazy amounts of organization this bag is for you.
I took this to Disney World and it was worth every penny. Light yet sturdy and took up almost no room in my luggage. I was able to fit in 2 adults ponchos, a compressible down vest, a sweater, and random things like hand sanitizer etc. Never felt cumbersome to carry even when loaded up. Would buy it again.Amazon review from Nylah
Find similar bags here and here!
10. Best For Bringing Drinks: Seehonor Insulated Cooler Backpack
- The stylish backpack with cooler contains 1 large cooler storage compartment, 2 side mesh pockets, 1 large front zipper pocket with divider to keep utensils, 1 inside mesh pocket on the lid for extra storage, 1 beer opener and extra 2 D-shape hooks for attachment.
Features: Here is another option for insulated cooler backpacks. This pack can hold up to 25 cans and is completely leak proof!
This color has one large cooler storage compartment, two side mesh pockets, one front zipper pocket with divider, and one inside mesh pocket on the lid for extra storage! Comes in 7 different colors.
Dimensions: 13.3” x 8.6” x 14.9”
Best for: Anyone not on the Disney Dining Plan. Also great if you are heat sensitive and like to have cold water or other cool drinks available at all times.
This backpack worked awesome, it held a ton of food/drinks and never leaked, we bought it for our trip to Disney and it was great money spent!Amazon review from Michael Campbell
Find other cooler bags here or here.
11. Best Diaper Bag Style: Ruvalino Diaper Bag Backpack
- 1 normal size backpack diaper bag with changing pad (dimension: 11.8l x 7.8w x 16.5h inches, Weight: 1.78lb; Mat Size: 23l x 15w inches).
- Two big zipper closure compartments and 16 pockets
- Insulated bottle pockets can hold most of wide neck or tall baby bottles, from 5 oz to 11oz.
Features: If you have babies or toddlers be sure to consider bringing a diaper bag backpack to Disney World! This is an organizational dream, with pockets and spots for diapers, wipes, bottles, a changing pad, and more.
These backpacks can also be used as a bag or be hung on a stroller. The adjustable, comfortable straps make this perfect for a family with young children! (Be sure to read our 7 tips for visiting Disney World with toddlers).
Dimensions: 11.8″ x 7.8″ x 16.5″
Best for: Of course, anyone with babies and toddlers!
You need a backpack that can fit all of your essentials without being too big (or too small). It also needs to fit into Disney’s guidelines of a bag no bigger than 24 x 18 x 15 inches.
Yes! A backpack will help you easily carry your essentials which will help you save money and time.
You can put your bag at your feet! Some rides of a mesh netting that will keep it safe if there’s a lot of twists and bumps. Or you can keep them in the dedicated bag drops at the entrance of a ride. (Not all rides have this option though!)
Slim bags that allow you to be hands free are the best kind of bags for Disney World.
Yes, you can! In fact, we suggest that you do bring food, snacks, and water bottles into the park. This will help you save both time and money.
We do not recommend that you give your small child their own bag to carry around Disney World. Go ahead and get your little one cute Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse backpacks or one with their favorite character on it – but let them bring it to school or as an airplane carry-on instead.
What should I pack in my Disney bag?
There are a whole host of things that you will want to consider packing for the day for any theme park whether you’re going to Magic Kingdom, Epcot or any of the parks!
In general, here are some of the basic things you will want to bring no matter your age or size of your group:
- Portable cell phone charger (see our favorites here)
- Identification and Credit Card
- Sun protectant – this could include sunscreen, a hat, a lightweight long sleeve shirt, or even a portable fan
- Water bottle (counter service restaurants will refill this for you for free!)
- Autograph book
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitizer
Want more ideas? We have a whole post on what to bring in your Disney bag and also see what is and isn’t allowed in the park!
We hope you found a backpack that will work to meet your needs! We have our favorite fanny packs for Disney listed here.
Want more Disney fashion? We’ve got you covered:
- Head here for 9 of our favorite Disney inspired shoes, including some amazing Converse all star sneakers and some cute Mickey crocs!
- Check out 45 of our favorite Disney Family shirts – many are able to be personalized.
- Disney Villain fan? Check out our favorite Disney Villains Shirts.
- If you live in leggings, get some of the best Disney leggings.
- Don’t forget about your nails! Here’s the best Disney nails to try.
- You can’t go to Disney without Mickey Mouse ears. Here’s our favorite Disney ears!
- Not sure what to wear on your vacation? We have a month by month guide of what to wear to Disney World!