One of the most common questions that people have when planning a trip to Walt Disney World is, “Can I bring a bag into Disney parks?” The answer is YES! In fact, not only can you bring a bag or backpack into Disney World, we recommend it.
When you are choosing a bag or backpack to bring into the parks, you will want to make sure that the bag is comfortable and that you are able to stay organized. You do not want to end the day with sore shoulders or back because you chose fashion over comfort.
Trust us, you can find cute AND comfortable backpacks! You also want to make sure that you are not wasting time digging around in a backpack trying to find a power cord or fruit snack.
11 Best Disney World Backpacks
Please note: Disney With Dave’s Daughters is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you shop using the links below at no additional cost to you.
We have this post broken up into to sections. The top section is an easy to scan list of all o four recommended backpacks. Use this if you have an idea of what you want to bring or just want quick links to shop!
If you want more details on each bag or further reviews, keep scrolling! We cover more details like dimensions and who we would recommend use each bag further down the article.
Use this however you want to find the best backpack for your Disney vacation!
And now, here are our favorite backpacks and bags for your Disney trip!
|Product Image||Product Name||Primary Button|
Want more information on a specific bag? Keep reading!
1. Best for Bringing Your Own Lunch: Coleman Soft Backpack Cooler
- INSULATION: Main compartment keeps contents cold and prevents leaks with heat-welded seams
- CAPACITY: Holds up to 28 cans
- EASY TO CARRY: Backpack design with adjustable padded straps for maximum comfort
- EXTRA STORAGE: Large front pocket for quick access to napkins and accessories
Features: If you primarily want to to bring snacks and drinks into the park, this is a great option for your Disney World vacation! Your fruit and water will stay nice and cold in this insulated backpack. This backpack has adjustable padded straps and an outside pocket for maps, hand sanitizing wipes, and your rain poncho!
Dimensions: 19.38 x 14.76 x 1.78″
Best for: Anyone who is not on the Disney Dining Plan and is planning on bringing your own lunch into the park.
We used this bag for our summer Disney World trip. My boyfriend and I each had one of these. In the morning we would load it with waters and snacks. To avoid having to pack ice packs I froze some bottles of water and put them in there, as they thawed we’d drink them. The front pocket is tight, but it held my poncho, keys, sunscreen, and other items. The bag never leaked during our weeklong trip. We are going back again this summer and this bag is coming with us again!Amazon user Andrea Hollick
2. Best for Families: Under Armour Adult Team Hustle
- UA Storm technology delivers an element-battling, highly water-resistant finish
- Breathable air-mesh padded back panel & adjustable, HeatGear shoulder straps for total comfort
- Soft-lined laptop sleeve—holds up to 15"" MacBook Pro or similarly sized laptop
- Water-repellent front valuables pocket to keep your stuff safe
- Large, gusseted front laundry/shoe pocket placed at bottom of bag (fits pair of shoes up to size 15)
- 2 D-Rings & molle webbing on shoulder straps for additional attachment points
Features: This backpack gets amazing reviews and comes in 8 different colors! We love the unique pocket at the bottom of this backpack for extra convenient storage options.
This bag also features two water bottle holders on the outside pockets and has adjustable straps. Under Armour backpacks are highly recommend by frequent Disney travelers for their durability.
Dimensions When Full: 6.3″”W x 20.1″”H x 12.6″”L
Best for: Families, especially with younger children. The size and organization of this backpack make this unbeatable.
3. Best for Women: North Face Borealis Backpack
Our classic Women’s Borealis Backpack is a staple on campus and on the trail. Designed with a women-specific fit, external bungee storage system, protective laptop compartment, and simplified internal organization, this pack can take you anywhere.
Features: This backpack is worth every penny! It has easy to access pockets (perfect for getting snacks out for hangry kids or husbands), a padded mesh back panel so your back doesn’t get too sweaty on those hot days and 2 mesh water bottle pockets.
The shoulder straps and back panel are padded and also have a removable waist belt that you can use to take some of the pressure off your shoulders. The size of this pack is perfect for women and comes in a ton of different colors and printscolors.
Dimensions: 19.75″H x 13.25″W x 9.75″D
Best for: Because this pack is geared towards women, we would say this bag is a great backpack for moms with young kids and could easily be used as a diaper bag! Of course, anyone can carry this backpack around and be fine.
4. Best for Adults without Children: Kavu Original Rope Sling Crossbody Bag
The Rope Sling is one of KAVU’s signature crossbody bags. It’s sleek and has storage galore! It's almost identical to its twin, the Cotton Canvas KAVU Rope Bag, with one exception: the Rope Sling is made of polyester, adding more dependability to our already awesome Original Rope Bag design.
We gave the Rope Sling adjustable rope shoulder strap that is comfy to carry, a handy side release buckle, two vertical zip compartments, two front pockets, and a padded back with KAVU embroidery.
Features: These Kavu rope sling bags have been around for years and aren’t gong anywhere! People love these bags for the organization pockets, adjustability, and ease of use. The adjustable strap with the clip make this bag easy to use for literally anyone and gives you the ability to clip it on to a stroller.
This bag has two main pockets, an internal zip pocket for your keys, ID, and important items and two front pockets! This is a great bag if you aren’t planning on carrying too much with you.
Dimensions: 20″ x 11″ x 3″
Best for: Anyone who is traveling with adults or older kids and don’t need to bring too much into the park. This bag is also perfect for teens who want to carry their own gear.
I bought this bag to use on my frequent trips to Disney. The large inner pocket is great for carrying a water bottle (or souvenirs picked up along the way). The multiple small pockets both outside and inside the bag make it easy to stash phones and wallets. It even held up during a rainy Halloween party. The only downside is that it can be annoying to deal with digging through the larger pockets if it’s not well organized in advance.Amazon user Sara
5. Best for Families with Older Kids: OutdoorMaster Sling Bag
This sling bag is an organizational dream! This small yet functional sling bag packs a punch with an outside water bottle pocket, an anti theft pocket, and even a handy strap pocket!
Speaking of straps, this reversible strap can be clipped on either the left or right side of the bag, making it comfortable for everyone. This bag comes in 5 colors, gets amazing reviews, and is under $25!
Dimension: 11.8″ x 4″ x 17.7″
Best for: A family who has younger kids but does not need a diaper bag anymore. This bag is perfect for mom and dad to switch of carrying throughout the day
6. Best Versatile Bag: Sunhiker Cycling Hiking Backpack
- It is a small backpack, suitable for those people who do not want a big size and just need to take necessity when doing outdoors sports. Suitable for Kids Girls Boys Children Over 3 Years.
- Material: Highly tear resistant Nylon, Water-resistant, Lightweight, Scratch-resistant, Durable & Comfortable. Provides you a long-term, secure daily using.
- Breathable mesh shoulder straps which helps relieve the stress of shoulder. Multiple compartments offering enough place to save your belongs more detailed classification and well. Bottle holder on the both sides. With high quality smooth zipper and durable front buckle.
- Perfect for activities like hiking, camping, climbing, traveling, cycling and other outdoors sports.
This backpack is a bit smaller than an average pack, but that is what we like about it! If you aren’t bring too much into the park but you prefer a backpack rather than a sling bag this is perfect for you.
This pack has two water bottle pockets, multiple zipper pockets, and comfortable shoulder straps with a chest strap. This backpack is also water resistant which makes it perfect for the summer months when there are daily afternoon showers in Florida!
Dimensions: 15.8″ x 9.4″ x 5.9″
Best for: This bag is perfect for families! If you have more than one child and need to carry extra snacks and clothes, this bag is for you.
We initially bought this for our family vacation to Disney World / Universal. It was the perfect size to carry in sandwiches, snacks, and water bottles. It wasn’t too big for my 8 and 10 year old to carry either. (They actually fought over who could wear it next.) We were still able to fit a few souvenirs in the bag on top of all our food and sunscreens, etc. Now, we still use the bag whenever we take day trips hiking or to parks. I absolutely love this bag! It’s just the right size, not too small, definitely not bulky!Amazon user JSP
7. Best Disney Themed: Disney Parks Attractions Mini Backpack Loungefly
- Loungefly Disney Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck and Donald Duck all over print - officially licensed
- Faux leather shell and print lining
- Front zipper pocket, side slot pockets, top handle, inside zip pocket and double zipper opening for main compartment
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Approximate measurements: 9" x 10" x 4.5"
If you are looking for Disney themed backpacks look no further than Loungefly! This mini Disney backpack features attractions from Disney World – Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Spinning Teacups, and more! This backpack has two zipper pockets and two outer water bottle style pockets.
Dimensions: 12.24″ x 11.54″ x 5.98″
Best for: Women and older teen girls. This pack is bit smaller and definitely has a feminine look to it.
8. Best Fanny Pack: Waterfly Fanny Pack
This Waterfly brand Fanny Pack is phenomenal. It has several zipper pockets, including a hidden pocket in the back! This fanny pack comes in 29 colors and is water resistant. The adjustable waist band and clip make this accessible to anyone to wear around the waist or across the chest.
Dimensions: 9.4″ x 4.3″ x 2.1″
Best for: Women and teen girls. Men could definitely use this if they wanted, but we find that fanny packs are more often used by women. We recommend this pack as a great choice for anyone traveling without kids.
I wore it at least 10-12 hours a day for a full week at Disney world. It worked flawlessly and even kept my stuff dry after riding some of their water attractions. For the first few hours the zipper was hard to open and close, but it was just from being new. As soon as it was worn in it started working perfectly and I never had another issue. Great pack.Amazon review from Josh
9. Best Lightweight: ZOMAKE Ultra Lightweight Packable Backpack
While this backpack doesn’t have extremely padded shoulder straps or crazy organizational compartments it does have one thing we love: compatibility. In fact, these backpacks are frequently recommended by experienced Disney travelers!
This backpack stores in its own carrying case, making it easy to throw into your suitcase or carry on luggage. This water resistant bag is perfect for carrying a few sweatshirts to put on in the cool Florida evenings – then roll up the bag and toss in your hoodie pocket!
This backpack is affordable and will come in handy after your Disney trip – keep this in the trunk of the car for trips to Aldi or the park!
Dimensions: 10.6″ x 5.5″ x 17.7″
Best for: Literally ANYONE. This backpack shows up all over Disney World as one of the most popular and versatile bags. If you don’t need crazy amounts of organization this bag is for you.
10. Best For Bringing Drinks: Seehonor Insulated Cooler Backpack
- The stylish backpack with cooler contains 1 large cooler storage compartment, 2 side mesh pockets, 1 large front zipper pocket with divider to keep utensils, 1 inside mesh pocket on the lid for extra storage, 1 beer opener and extra 2 D-shape hooks for attachment.
Here is another option for insulated cooler backpacks. This pack can hold up to 25 cans and is completely leak proof! This color has one large cooler storage compartment, two side mesh pockets, one front zipper pocket with divider, and one inside mesh pocket on the lid for extra storage! Comes in 7 different colors.
Dimensions: 13.3” x 8.6” x 14.9”
Best for: Anyone not on the Disney Dining Plan. Also great if you are heat sensitive and like to have cold water or other cool drinks available at all times.
This backpack worked awesome, it held a ton of food/drinks and never leaked, we bought it for our trip to Disney and it was great money spent!Amazon review from Michael Campbell
11. Best Diaper Bag Style: Ruvalino Diaper Bag Backpack
- What you'll get - 1 normal size backpack diaper bag with changing pad (dimension: 11.8l x 7.8w x 16.5h inches, Weight: 1.78lb; Mat Size: 23l x 15w inches). Two big zipper closure compartments and 16 pockets, Spacious enough to hold most of baby essentials and still look perfectly organized and compact, without being too large or too small. Insulated bottle pockets can hold most of wide neck or tall baby bottles, from 5 oz to 11oz.
If you have babies or toddlers be sure to consider bringing a diaper bag backpack to Disney World! This is an organizational dream, with pockets and spots for diapers, wipes, bottles, a changing pad, and more.
These backpacks can also be used as a bag or be hung on a stroller. The adjustable, comfortable straps make this perfect for a family with young children! (Be sure to read our 7 tips for visiting Disney World with toddlers).
Dimensions: 11.8″ x 7.8″ x 16.5″
Best for: Of course, anyone with babies and toddlers!
1. Does Disney World Have A Bag Policy?
Yes, there is a Disney Park bag policy:
- Suitcases, bags, and backpacks must be smaller than 24″ x 15″ x 18
- No wagons
- All bags are subject to being searched
- Be sure to check the prohibited items list (examples include no selfie sticks or balloons!)
2. Can I Bring Food into Disney World?
Yes, you can! In fact, we suggest that you do bring food, snacks, and water bottles into the park. This will help you save both time and money.
Disney World does not allow glass containers and does not allow you to bring in alcoholic beverages. We suggest the following snacks:
- Beef jerky
- Trail mix that does NOT include chocolate. (Chocolate will melt!)
- Gummy treats or fruit snacks
- Granola bars, Kind bars, Clif bars, or Lara bars
- Mickey themed goldfish crackers for the kids!
- Cheese sticks
- Dried fruit
- Gum (Did you know Disney does not sell gum?!)
3. What should I pack in my Disney bag?
There are a whole host of things that you will want to consider packing for the day for any theme park whether you’re going to Magic Kingdom, Epcot or any of the parks!
(Our one exception is you may want to consider bringing a change of clothes if you go on Splash Mountain or other water rides so you don’t spend the entire day in wet clothes!)
Most of this depends upon how many people are in your party and the ages of any children. We have a list of specific things to consider bringing into Disney World here.
In general, here are some of the basic things you will want to bring no matter your age or size of your group:
- Portable cell phone charger
- Identification and Credit Card
- Sun protectant – this could include sunscreen, a hat, a lightweight long sleeve shirt, or even a portable fan
- Water bottle (counter service restaurants will refill this for you for free!)
- Autograph book
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitizer
4. What should I look for in a bag for Walt Disney World?
You will want to look for the following features when choosing a bag for Disney World:
- Adjustable, padded shoulder straps
- Multiple zipper pockets, side pockets or other organizational features
- If you are not bringing a stroller make sure it is big enough for extra items for your children
- Be sure to read reviews before purchasing a new one for your Disney trip, specifically pay attention to comfortability
- Fill up your backpacks with everything you will bring into the parks BEFORE you leave to make sure there is enough room and it is comfortable.
5. What are the best Disney backpacks for kids?
We do not recommend that you give your small child their own bag to carry around Disney World. Go ahead and get your little one cute Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse backpacks or one with their favorite character on it – but let them bring it to school or as an airplane carry-on instead.
The last thing you want is to carry 2 backpacks because your child got tired of carrying it for an entire long day at the parks.
It is too much to expect a little one to keep track of their backpacks in Disney World. Trust us, as a parent, you want to keep track of as little as possible in order to soak up every magical moment with your family.
And trust us, they’ll be thrilled to be wearing their MagicBand every day at the most magical place on earth!
We hope you found a backpack that will work to meet your needs! We have our favorite fanny packs for Disney listed here.
Want more Disney fashion? We’ve got you covered:
- Head here for 9 of our favorite Disney inspired shoes, including some amazing Converse all star sneakers and some cute Mickey crocs!
- Check out 45 of our favorite Disney Family shirts – many are able to be personalized.
- Disney Villain fan? Check out our favorite Disney Villains Shirts.
- If you live in leggings, get some of the best Disney leggings.
- Don’t forget about your nails! Here’s the best Disney nails to try.
- You can’t go to Disney without Mickey Mouse ears. Here’s our favorite Disney ears!
- Not sure what to wear on your vacation? We have a month by month guide of what to wear to Disney World!