Few people will argue that the Dole Whip is the most popular snack in all of Walt Disney World. Oh sure, you have your huge delicious Cinnamon Roll at Gaston’s Tavern. You have the weird but wonderful Fuzzy Tauntaun at Oga’s Cantina. You even have your Bubble Waffles in Disney Springs, but on a hot day, there is nothing more satisfying than a cold delicious Dole Whip!
In fact, if you have never had a Dole Whip before we would go so far as to say it is a treat you have to try at least once on your next trip to the Disney Parks. Dole Whips have a huge fan following and for good reason! It is a delicious treat that is synonymous with Walt Disney World!
A bit of Dole Whip History
The Year… 1986. The place…The Enchanted Tiki Room in Adventureland, Disneyland.
The Dole company (the ones that make pineapples and other things…well, they don’t “make” them…they grow them…well, not sure they even grow them themselves…but I digress) sponsored The Enchanted Tiki Room and in doing so, introduced a new wonderful treat called Dole Whip.
What is a Dole Whip?
Dole Whip is a soft serve, yet dairy free treat traditionally made of pineapple. It is gluten-free, made with vegan ingredients (except with vanilla), comes in different forms and presentations, with or without alcohol and has absolutely zero calories! We are just kidding about the calories…just seeing if you were still reading…but in all seriousness, the basic Dole Whip is said to have only 110 calories.
Some of the most popular flavors of Dole Whips are traditional pineapple, strawberry, lemon, coconut, orange, and raspberry. You can get many of these flavors in twist or float options throughout the parks!
Because Dole Whips are dairy free, it is a great choice for people with dairy allergies. In fact, the traditional Dole Whip is dairy and gluten free, free of most of the top allergens, and is vegan!
Is the Dole Whip on the Disney Dining Plan?
Well, yes and no. The basic Dole Whip cup that is just over $5 bucks IS on the Disney Dining Plan. There are many variations of the Dole Whip that move up in contents and price and they are NOT on the Dining Plan.
Where Are Dole Whips Sold at Walt Disney World?
(Dole Whip photo courtesy of Disney Food Blog)
Ahhh, we thought you’d never ask! Each site can have different versions of the Dole Whip but they all will offer the original. Please be aware that Walt Disney World does often change up where you can get many of their treats and snacks – and the Dole Whip flavors do change from time to time. So without further ado, here we go:
Where to find Dole Whips in Disney’s Magic Kingdom
- Aloha Isle in Adventureland by the Enchanted Tiki Room. This is the original spot for Dole Whips at Walt Disney world! It’s super popular and the lines can be long. Hint: mobile ordering is available here which will help if there is a long line. (Use the My Disney Experience App) You will find the classic version of Dole Whip served either pineapple, vanilla, or twist. Other variations of the Dole Whip are usually available at this location.
- Sunshine Terrace in Adventureland. It’s located near the Adventureland entrance. Mobile ordering is not available here.
- Storybook Treats in Fantasyland near Peter Pan’s Flight. They have Peter Pan options to check out!
Where to find Dole Whips in Epcot
- Canadian Pavilion has The Refreshment Port which has Dole Whips.
- Festival Locations. During the Flower and Garden Festival you can find Dole Whip locations popping up in various locations. The Pineapple Promenade booth is where you can get the pineapple Dole Whip with coconut rum! This is a very popular treat during EPCOT festivals.
Where to find Dole Whips in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Tamu Tamu heading into Africa. Mobile ordering not available. You can get Dole Whip in a cup with rum added for an extra charge. The Simba Sunset version of Dole Whip is available here – it is a Dole Whip with watermelon, coconut, and strawberry syrup!
Where to find Dole Whips in Hollywood Studios
- Believe it or not, as of this time you will not get to indulge in a Dole Whip if you are visiting Hollywood Studios. There’s nowhere to get one! For shame!
Where to find Dole Whips in Disney Springs
- Marketplace Snacks near World of Disney. Mobile ordering not available. You can get the Dole Whip cup or float and you have the option to add rum for an additional charge.
Where to find Dole Whips in Disney Water Parks
- Typhoon Tilly’s in Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon.
- Frostbite Freddy’s in Disney’s Blizzard Beach
Where to find Dole Whips in Disney Hotels
- Polynesian Resort Mobile ordering not available. A variety of Dole Whip options are available throughout the Polynesian Resort. At this hotel you can find Dole Whip bowls, (souvenir Tiki bowls are available), Spiky Pineapple, and a frozen margarita with lime Dole Whip.
- Art Of Animation Resort Mobile ordering not available.
- Pop Century Resort at Everything Pop food court serves Dole Whip cups – Mobile ordering not available.
- All Star Movies Resort at Silver Screen Spirits Pool bar serves Dole Whip smoothies – Mobile ordering not available.
- The Boardwalk at Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas serves the Captain Seaside Sensation. These are Dole Whip smoothies available in both alcoholic and non alcoholic options!
There you have it! Everything you need to know about finding and enjoying your favorite Dole Whip at Disney World!