If you’re heading to Disney World one important thing to know is where are all the dole whips! Today we’re going to share all the Dole Whip locations at Walt Disney World so you can quickly and easily find your favorite Disney snack.
Few people will argue that the Dole Whip is the most popular snack in all of Walt Disney World. Oh sure, you have your huge delicious Cinnamon Roll at Gaston’s Tavern.
You have the weird but wonderful Fuzzy Tauntaun at Oga’s Cantina. You even have your Bubble Waffles in Disney Springs, but on a hot day, there is nothing more satisfying than a cold delicious Dole Whip!
In fact, if you have never had a Dole Whip before we would go so far as to say it is a treat you have to try at least once on your next trip to the Disney Parks. Dole Whips have a huge fan following and for good reason!
It is a delicious treat that is synonymous with Walt Disney World!
Dole Whip History
The Year… 1986. The place…The Enchanted Tiki Room in Adventureland, Disneyland.
The Dole company (the ones that make pineapples and other things…well, they don’t “make” them…they grow them…well, not sure they even grow them themselves…but I digress) sponsored The Enchanted Tiki Room and in doing so, introduced a new wonderful treat called Dole Whip.
What is a Dole Whip?
Dole Whip is dairy free treat traditionally made with a pineapple flavored mix combined with water and served through a soft serve machine, giving it a soft serve ice cream texture.
It is gluten-free, made with vegan ingredients (except with vanilla), comes in different forms and presentations, with or without alcohol and has absolutely zero calories!
We are just kidding about the calories…just seeing if you were still reading…but in all seriousness, the basic Dole Whip is said to have only 110 calories.
Some of the most popular flavors of Dole Whips are traditional pineapple, strawberry, lemon, coconut, orange, and raspberry. You can get many of these flavors in twist or float options throughout the parks!
Because Dole Whips are dairy free, it is a great choice for people with dairy allergies. In fact, the traditional Dole Whip is dairy and gluten free, free of most of the top allergens, and is vegan!
Where Can I Get Dole Whip at Walt Disney World?
Ahhh, we thought you’d never ask! Each site can have different versions of the Dole Whip but they all will offer the original.
Please be aware that Walt Disney World does often change up where you can get many of their treats and snacks – and the Dole Whip flavors do change from time to time. So without further ado, here we go:
Where to find Dole Whips in Disney’s Magic Kingdom
- Aloha Isle in Adventureland by the Enchanted Tiki Room. This is the original spot for Dole Whips at Walt Disney world! It’s super popular and the lines can be long. Hint: mobile ordering is available here which will help if there is a long line. (Use the My Disney Experience App) You will find the classic version of Dole Whip served either pineapple, vanilla, or twist. Other variations of the Dole Whip are usually available at this location.
- Sunshine Terrace in Adventureland. It’s located near the Adventureland entrance. Mobile ordering is not available here.
- Storybook Treats in Fantasyland near Peter Pan’s Flight. They have Peter Pan options to check out!
Where to find Dole Whips in Epcot
- Canadian Pavilion has The Refreshment Port which has Dole Whips.
- Festival Locations. During the Flower and Garden Festival you can find Dole Whip locations popping up in various locations. The Pineapple Promenade booth is where you can get the pineapple Dole Whip with coconut rum! This is a very popular treat during EPCOT festivals.
Where to find Dole Whips in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Tamu Tamu heading into Africa. Mobile ordering not available. You can get Dole Whip in a cup with rum added for an extra charge. The Simba Sunset version of Dole Whip is available here – it is a Dole Whip with watermelon, coconut, and strawberry syrup!
Where to find Dole Whips in Hollywood Studios
- Believe it or not, as of this time you will not get to indulge in a Dole Whip if you are visiting Hollywood Studios. There’s nowhere to get one! For shame!
Where to find Dole Whips in Disney Springs
- Marketplace Snacks near World of Disney. Mobile ordering not available. You can get the Dole Whip cup or float and you have the option to add rum for an additional charge.
(Dole Whip photo courtesy of Disney Food Blog)
Where to find Dole Whips in Disney Water Parks
- Typhoon Tilly’s in Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon.
- Frostbite Freddy’s in Disney’s Blizzard Beach
Where to find Dole Whips in Disney Hotels
- Polynesian Resort Mobile ordering not available. A variety of Dole Whip options are available throughout the Polynesian Resort. At this hotel you can find Dole Whip bowls, (souvenir Tiki bowls are available), Spiky Pineapple, and a frozen margarita with lime Dole Whip.
- Art Of Animation Resort Mobile ordering not available.
- Pop Century Resort at Everything Pop food court serves Dole Whip cups – Mobile ordering not available.
- All Star Movies Resort at Silver Screen Spirits Pool bar serves Dole Whip smoothies – Mobile ordering not available.
- The Boardwalk at Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas serves the Captain Seaside Sensation. These are Dole Whip smoothies available in both alcoholic and non alcoholic options!
Dole Whip FAQ
Is Dole Whip Only at Disney?
Dole Whip is available at the Walt Disney World Parks, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Lines, and Aulani Disney Resort and Spa.
What is the Difference Between Dole Whip and Ice Cream?
Dole Whip may taste like soft serve ice cream, but it isn’t! Dole Whips have no dairy in them, while ice cream is made with a dairy base.
Is the Dole Whip on the Disney Dining Plan?
Well, yes and no. The basic Dole Whip cup that is just over $5 bucks IS on the Disney Dining Plan. There are many variations of the Dole Whip that move up in contents and price and they are NOT on the Dining Plan.
Can You Get Dole Whip With Alcohol?
Yes! There are a variety of dole whips that contain alcohol throughout the parks. You can find them here:
- Dole Whip Lime Margarita at the Polynesian Resort
- Rum Soaked Dole Whips at Animal Kingdom
- Dole Whip Mimosas and Froscatos (made with vodka and Moscato wine) at Disney Springs
- Dole Whip Pineapple Float with spiced rum or coconut rum at Disney Springs Marketplace Snacks
Is Dole Whip seasonal?
The original Pineapple Dole Whips are offered all year round but they do sometimes offer seasonal flavors!
Is Dole Whip Gluten Free?
Yes, Dole Whips are gluten-free! They’re also vegan making them the perfect snack for just about everyone!
Can I Make a Dole Whip at Home?
During the pandemic, Disney World shared their recipe for you to make at home! All you need is vanilla ice cream, pineapple juice, and frozen pineapple chunks. This isn’t the exact ingredients they use at Disney World but you can make your own at home with these 3 ingredients.
There you have it! Everything you need to know about finding and enjoying your favorite Dole Whip at Disney World! If you are looking for other great snack options, head here!