What to wear to Walt Disney World is one of the most commonly asked questions.
You will have dozens and dozens of pictures taken so it is smart to put a little bit of thought into what to wear. You want to look back at photos and love your photos – not be annoyed by your outfits! You also want to be comfortable and ready for long days at the parks.
We want to help you figure out what to pack for your trip to Walt Disney World. Our goal is to help you simplify your clothing so you can focus on other things!
This post is dedicated to what to wear (and pack) to Walt Disney World in November.
What Is The Weather at Disney World in November?
November in the Orlando area is finally feeling fall-like. High temperatures are in the upper 70s and the lows but the evenings get down to the upper 50s. The low temps are a significant drop from the lows you will experience in October.
November is the driest month of the entire year with only 1.4″ of rain on average.
Clothing Packing List – November
November is a great time of year to visit Disney World. Moisture wicking shirts and shorts will always be your friend in Walt Disney World, but they aren’t as necessary as they are in the summer. If you are getting to the parks early for rope drop or staying late for an event or extra magic hours you will definitely want to have a long sleeve shirt.
We recommend packing the following:
- Long sleeve shirts
- Sweatshirts, fleece jacket, or cardigan for layering
- Several pairs of pants or jeans
- One or two pairs of shorts
- Additional items to consider (see below) gloves, hat, packable blanket
1. Tee Shirts
Pack at least one t-shirt per day that you will be at the Disney Parks. We always bring at least one Disney themed t-shirt because we love adding to the Disney Magic!
Many, many people wear Disney themed shirts at Disney World! It is fun to match your shirt to the park you will be in. For example, wear a Star Wars shirt in Disney’s Hollywood Studios and your classic Mickey shirt in the Magic Kingdom!
- Official licensed Star Wars classic "welcome to Tattooing" Men's short sleeve t-shirt by mad engine
- Featuring a postcard-like graphic of welcome to Tattooing
- Wear for may the 4th or anytime to show your appreciation for all things Star Wars
- Makes a great gift for fans of the Rebel alliance or the galactic empire
Because we love Disney t-shirts so much, and we really think you should bring at least one to the park, we have posts dedicated to all our favorite Disney shirts.
- Disney shirts for the entire family
- Disney shirts for couples
- Disney shirts for women
- Disney villain shirts
- Disney clothes for teens
- Disney clothes for toddlers girls
2. Long Sleeve Shirts
We definitely recommend bringing several long sleeve shirts to Walt Disney World in November. Lightweight long sleeve tops are easy to throw in your backpack and will give you a warm layer for those chilly restaurants and early mornings.
Layering is key to enjoying your time in the parks! Make sure the long sleeve shirts will fit comfortably over your t-shirts. Try on your outfits before you go! We cannot stress this enough. You want to be comfortable and not thinking about your clothes while you are in the parks.
3. Sweatshirt, fleece jacket, or cardigan
You will want to bring at least one sweatshirt, fleece jacket, or other layering piece for extra warmth. Early mornings at the bus stop and late evenings at the fireworks can be quite cool. Our motto is this: we would rather have a sweatshirt and not need it vs. wishing we had a sweatshirt and not bringing it!
Your layering piece is completely up to you. If you already own a lightweight jacket or have a favorite sweatshirt simply bring that! You will want to be aware that you will likely not wear this layering piece for most of the day, so make sure it will fit easily into your backpack and isn’t too heavy. While we love the look of jean jackets, they can be bulky and heavy to carry around.
Puffer jackets are a great option as they are lightweight, squish easily into a backpack, and provide plenty of warmth! This one from amazon is incredibly affordable.
- Contoured seams bring a fitted shape to this water-resistant lightweight quilted coat
- Zip pockets, stand-up collar, elasticized cuffs, packs neatly into included carrying bag with drawstring closure
- The perfect lightweight jacket for all seasons
- Everyday made better: we listen to customer feedback and fine-tune every detail to ensure quality, fit, and comfort
- An Amazon Brand
4. Several pairs of pants or jeans
You are going to want to bring a couple pairs of pants or jeans on your November vacation. The number you will bring is subjective to the exact weather and your personal preferences. Again, consider what your optimal comfort level is and pack accordingly. Pants options could include: joggers, jeans, leggings, or athletic pants.
For example, if you are going to Disney in early November and you tend to be warm all the time, you may want to opt for more shorts and pack one or two pairs of lightweight pants.
If you are going at the end of November and you tend to be cold, you may want to plan on wearing jeans most days.
5. A couple pair of shorts
We do recommend that you bring a couple pairs of shorts, even if you think you won’t wear them. You may be surprised by the weather!
You will be walking a ton and often shade is not easily accessible. You may find shorts to be a better option. They take up very little space in your suitcase, so throw in a pair!
This is its own category because you CANNOT forget to bring socks! You will not want to wear sandals to the parks in November (we don’t recommend sandals as your park footwear anyway, but especially not in November). Pick comfortable socks that will not give you blisters.
We actually recommend that you pack two pair of socks for each day of vacation. If your feet get sweaty in the parks it will feel amazing to swap out your socks for a clean pair when you get back to your hotel. Trust us on this one – we are from Minnesota and understand socks.
If you are in the market for new socks, check out Darn Tough socks. They are super comfortable, merino wool (they will hep keep your feet dry!), and are made in Vermont! The best part is that they have a lifetime guarantee. If you get a hole in them, send them back for a new pair! Our entire family wears this brand.
- Ultra Lightweight with Cushion - Provides a light layer of cushioning along the bottom of the foot. Ultra-Light, ultra-comfortable.
- No Show Tab Height - The toughest sock you’ll never see.
- Composition - Knit with 49% Merino Wool 47% Nylon 4% Lycra Spandex. The fast action wicking pulls moisture away from skin, so no more sweaty, stinky socks. The soft, breathable merino wool has fast drying, all weather performance that keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Guaranteed for Life - If these socks wear, tear, or develop holes, Darn Tough will replace them.
- Made in the USA - Every pair of socks is knit in Northfield, Vermont
7. Additional Items To Consider
- Rain Gear – while the amount of rain in November is not very high, you may want to consider grabbing a poncho to throw in your backpack in case you get caught in an afternoon rain shower. This is more applicable earlier in November.
- Dressy clothes – some dining locations have a dress code, so please keep that in mind. If you are planning a nicer date night at Disney Springs or the Boardwalk out make sure you have appropriate clothes!
- Hat and gloves – a lightweight pair of gloves or a hat may be something to consider, especially if you will be pushing a stroller around and unable to put your hands in pockets.
Is November A Good Time To Go To Disney World?
Generally speaking, November is a great time to visit Walt Disney World! You will want to be aware that the crowds get VERY high during Thanksgiving week.
If crowds are a concern for you, be sure to check out our crowd calendar for more specific information. If you are wanting to see Christmas decorations, you will be able to see them! You can find out more here.
Other Disney Packing Tips
Of course, we didn’t cover packing a hat, sunscreen, pajamas and other personal items! This post will help make sure you don’t forget anything. We have other packing tips to help you plan your November vacation to Disney World.
If you are looking for an overview of what clothes to pack for Disney World check out our month by month guide!