Figuring out what to wear on your Walt Disney World vacation can be a bit of a challenge. You want to be comfortable for a day of magic, but you also don’t want to look like a slob!
You will have dozens of pictures taken, going in and out of attractions, and taking multiple forms of transportation. It is smart to put a little bit of thought into what to wear so the pictures look great – but you are ready for the events of the day. This post is dedicated to what to wear during the early part of the summer – the month of June.
What Is The Weather at Disney World in June?
What should you wear to Disney World in June? First, check out the weather.
June is hot! July is the hottest month of the year, so as you get towards the end of the month of June the temps and humidity will creep up. In June in Orlando you will experience temperatures around 90 in the day and overnight temperatures will only dip to the mid 70s.
It will be humid. It will rain in the afternoons. You might feel like you are in a swamp, especially towards the end of the month. But you will be happy, because you are in Disney World and you brought moisture wicking clothing!
We recommend packing:
- Short sleeve t-shirts
- Tank tops
- Shorts (or skorts, if you are not comfortable with shorts)
- Sandals or flip flops AND walking shoes
- Lightweight long sleeve or pants for air conditioned spaces
Pack at least one t-shirt per day that you will be at the Disney Parks. We always bring at least one Disney themed t-shirt because we love adding to the Disney Magic!
In June you will sweat and you will sweat a lot. You will not want to re-wear a shirt multiple days. This might be possible in December, but not in June in Florida.
photo credit Alexis Lariscy
If minimalist packing is very important to you you might be able to re-wear athletic style shirts. If you bring moisture wicking shirts it may work for you to rinse out/wash your shirt in your hotel room sink or bathtub and re-wear it.
Your Disney World Vacation is the perfect time to buy a Disney shirt with your favorite character on it. Make sure that you wear t-shirts that will not be see through if you get wet on water rides.
Because we love Disney t-shirts so much we have posts dedicated to all our favorite Disney shirts.
- Disney shirts for the entire family
- Disney shirts for couples
- Disney shirts for women
- Disney villain shirts
- Disney clothes for teens
- Disney outfits for toddler girls
We know tank tops are not for everyone, but if you are ever going to wear a tank top this is the time! Once again, we recommend tank tops that are comfortable. Jen and Katie prefer tank tops with wider shoulders in order to cover bra straps and also to help prevent sunburn on the shoulders.
We love this brand of workout gear from Amazon – this tank top is moisture wicking and super comfortable! It would be a great addition to your Disney trip. It comes in a TON of colors!
Choose whatever pair of shorts are the most comfortable for you to walk in. Do not wear shorts that cause chaffing or ride up no matter how cute they are – you 100% will regret this choice.
There are many cute shorts available to wear that you can be cute and comfortable in! We actually really love these biker shorts that come in a variety of lengths and have a cell phone pocket!
Jen and Katie personally own and wear these shorts throughout the summer. We wear them for working out and for general wear and can attest that they are an excellent purchase.
If skirts are more your style check out this option! This skirt has biker shorts underneath it (skorts are back, people!). It comes in 34 different color options and gets incredible reviews.
- The fabric is comfort, breathability, stretch and rinkle resistant, - suitable for sport
- Comfortable two layer, skirt outer and shorts inner, you can enjoy your sports without worries. Wicks away sweat quickly to keep you dry and cool
- Back Headphone Cable Hole, You can listen to music while you are active. Hidden Pocket hold small items such as cell phones, keys and cards
- Perfect for a variety of sports, such as running, tennis, golf, workout, hiking, outdoor, walking and etc,ideal for use with running shirts, running tanks, yoga tops, casual shirts
- Unique Design, Solid and Printing Color Design, soft, lightweight and comfortable for various occasions
Make sure men wear shorts that are comfortable. If you can find shorts that have pockets that have zippers on them we recommend packing those. Zippers will help keep things from falling out and getting lost. It is one less thing for you to worry about.
These athletic shorts are super comfortable, have zippers, AND are quick drying.
Long Sleeve and Pants
Even though it is going to be hot outside, restaurants and your hotel room can be quite chilly. We recommend bringing at least one pair of pants and one lightweight, long sleeve shirt. You will likely only wear these for short periods of time so there is not a need to bring multiples of these.
These pants are a less expensive version of Athleta pants – Katie owns them and loves them! She gets compliments on these pants almost every time she wears them.
These pants are moisture wicking, super comfortable, and a great option when you don’t want to wear leggings or jeans! They are also a bit dressier than joggers and get great reviews.
- 27'' inseam: Intended to sit at ankle.
- This super lightweight woven fabric is designed with vertical stripes for a slimming look, very breathable and durable to give you fresh feel. Therefore, it is a bit stiff and structured but very quick-drying and sweat-wicking.
- Mid rise elastic waist pants with drawstring for personal fit. Versatile tapered pants have just enough of a relaxed fit to be sporty without being shapeless. Functional side and back pockets to hold your phone, keys.
- Elastic Inner Leg Panels placed inside legs to increase breathability and mobility, offering a smooth, low-friction performance during workout. Little roomy but not too baggy for breezy and free exercise experience.
- Cinched Leg Pants can be worn long or curled up with a drawstring on the bottom, easily customize to fit your height for both tall and ptite. Perfect for commute, running errands, jogging, travel, hiking or other indoor or outdoor casual activities.
If you are looking for a fun long sleeve shirt to get for your trip, check out this amazing Disney one! (It comes in a short sleeve option as well.)
- Official Disney Merchandise
- Disney T Shirts for Men, Women, Boys, and Girls; Walt Disney World T-Shirts for Family; Retro Disney Park T-Shirts for Adults and Kids; Disney Tee Shirts; Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary T-Shirt
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
While we don’t recommend wearing sandals while walking around the parks, they are perfect for hanging at your Walt Disney World Resort or going to the pool or the Disney water parks. In June, your feet will be tired and probably hot by the time you are done at the parks. You will definitely want to have at least one pair of sandals with you.
photo credit Alexis Lariscy
Choose whatever your favorite sandals are – flip flops, chaos, crocs, or Birkenstocks! Your feet will thank you for a break from your sneakers.
Comfortable Walking Shoes
Our biggest tip is this: do not wear new shoes to Disney World! We cannot emphasize enough the importance of comfortable walking shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking every single day.
We have an entire post dedicated to walking shoes. We have recommendations for the best shoes for men, women, and kids.
Having the wrong shoes can ruin your vacation. You will be walking 8-9 miles per day and bad shoes can give you blisters, aching feet, and can also contribute to getting the Disney Rash. We think that comfortable walking shoes are the most important thing you can wear in Disney World.
You must bring a swimming suit to Orlando in June! It is going to be hot and some days you will want nothing more than a dip in the pool.
If you are spending time at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, Disney’s Water Parks, you may want to bring a couple of swimsuits. Don’t forget a cover up! This post has some great options for women.
Rain Poncho or Rain jacket
It will rain while you are in Orlando in June. It will likely rain in the afternoon. The amounts will vary, of course, but June and July are tied for being the second wettest months of the year on average. (August has the most inches of rainfall)
We recommend bringing a rain poncho instead of a rain jacket because you can easily throw it over your backpack. We have an entire post breaking down all the best rain gear options so you can decide what is best for your family.
photo credit Alexis Lariscy
Be sure to keep in mind any special events that you might be taking part in during your vacation. If you are planning a date night out at Disney Springs you may want to bring a dress or collard shirt.
A few select Disney restaurants do have a dress code so make sure you have proper attire for each of your reservations.
Is June A Good Time To Go To Disney World?
If you can handle the heat and humidity June is a great time to go to Walt Disney World! Summers used to be the busiest time to go to Orlando but that has changed over the years. You can check out our crowd calendar for more information.
We have also found that most people visit Disney World during Halloween and Christmas. We surveyed 478 people and found that summer is actually the 4th most popular time to visit.
Visiting during the heat of the summer is actually a reason some people AVOID visiting in June! You can see all our visitor statistics here, including where most people stay on their trip!
You will experience crowds – it is Disney World, after all – but if you are prepared with Genie+ and a good attitude you’ll be good to go.
Other Disney Packing Tips
Of course, we didn’t cover packing a hat, sunscreen, pajamas and other personal items! This post will help make sure you don’t forget anything. We have other packing tips to help you plan your June vacation to Disney World.
- The Best Backpacks
- The best fanny packs
- What to pack in your day bag
- Things to buy before your trip
- Travel gear
If you are looking for an overview of what clothes to pack for Disney World check out our month by month guide!
You now know what to wear to Walt Disney World in June! You are now ready to pack your bags, paint your nails, and head out to Walt Disney World! We would love to hear how your June vacation was!